network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ..::::Pan2Nm by Vreg::::..

Alright guys, while developing my CFW 6.20 VREG, I found a way of using a pandora battery as a normal battery. Not by converting the battery but by forcing it to do something, for example, let's say Bob is a beaver. Now we force him to eat a cat, otherwhise we would kill him, so he does. But that doesn't make him a cateater. (The original Bob storry is in the readme it was to offensive so I had to make him a beaver.)
    The same with our battery, we force him to run the PSP normal eventhough hes pandora.
    This is done by injecting the sectors of the memorystick wich redirects the battery to boot the PSP from it's NAND and not the MS. This also means that this can be done on ANY PSP (that means also the ones that can't write an EEPROM to the battery) that supports homebrew (because we need to run an application first for injecting the memory stick). After you injected the battery succesfully the PSP will run normal when you instert your pandora battery in but only when THE INJECTED MEMORYSTICK is inserted otherwise it will run in service mode and with otherwise I mean if you insert no memorystick at all or a memorystick that hasn't been Pan2Nm'ed.
    The great thing about this is that it also supports stand-by modus as long as the memorystick is still in the PSP, if you stand-by your PSP and the memorystick is taken out of the PSP and you reboot the PSP it will boot in service mode. And another great thing is that this doesn't take any space at all because after the process you can delete all files from your memorystick and it will still do the job because the sectors are injected not the memorystick capacity. To some of you this may seem useless but to me this is heaven because I only have one official Sony battery and I have to hardmod it because I got only one PSP with a TA-085 v2 motherboard and I need pandora for working on my CFW and everythime I make it pandora I risk of ****ing the battery like I did last time with a 1 year brick and now I don't need to make it normal again because I can use it as a normal battery. AND now we can use Datel's TOOL batteries as normal batteries, how awesome is that!

Installation:

Step 1:

- Make an USB connection with your PSP and the PC with an USB cable.

Step 2:

- Make a folder and cut and paste every single file that is on your memorystick in that folder.

Step 3:

- Copy the folder PSP and the 3 files called 150.PBP, 340.PBP and 390.PBP in the root of your
    memorystick (not the mspformat.exe).

Step 4:

- Cancel the USB connection and launch Pan2Nm with your PSP that supports homebrew and hit X when it asks you to.

Step 5 Optional:

- When you get an error that sounds like: "checking space...too few free sectors (31). 32 at least required", you need to make an USB connection with your PSP and your PC, after you've done that you need to copy the mspformat.exe in C:\. After that you need to run cmd (this is done by clicking start then run and then by typing
    cmd and hitting enter). On Windows 7 and Windows Vista you need to run it in administrator modus. After your'e on the cmd, type in: cd C:\ and after you typed that type in: mspformat.exe X -----> X refers to the drive letter your memorystick has.
    Then just cancel the USB connection, remove your memorystick, replace your memorystick and run Pan2Nm again and hit X when it askes you to.

Step 6:

- Now after the process of injecting the memorystick is completed it will exit automaticly. After it does that just make another
    USB connection and delete every single file that is in your memorystick (WARNING DO NOT FORMAT THE MEMORYTICK).
    And place all your files that we backed up in that folder again in your memorystick. Now put your memorystick in and put the
    pandora battery in, it's magic.

Credits:

- Me (Vreg)
    - DAX for his DC5

Download:

Pan2Nm.zip

The file is 59 MB (because it includes 150.PBP, 340.PBP and 390.PBP) wich is to big to put in the attachment.
    Last edited by Vreg; 06-26-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Spotter got spotted!

Good work Vreg! Just wondering though, didn't something like this already exist with TimeMachine? I mean, it didn't inject the MS with the same thing that this does, but there was a way to force the pandora batt to load the NAND..

TimeMachine boots the firmware with pandora that is located on your MS, Pan2Nm boots the firmware with pandora that is located in your NAND (wich means the firmware wich is located in your flashes).

The Moogle

Quote Originally Posted by Vreg View Post
    for example, let's say Bob is a homosexual person. Now we force him to marry Kate, otherwhise we would kill him, so he does.
    I take offense to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joomla12 View Post
    I take offense to this.
    I have nothing against homosexual people.

Retired

The description of the homosexual Bob was so full of LOLZ.

Spotter got spotted!

TimeMachine boots the firmware with pandora that is located on your MS, Pan2Nm boots the firmware with pandora that is located in your NAND (wich means the firmware wich is located in your flashes).
    Yea, I know that, but if you modify the TimeMachine config file you can actually make it boot the NAND too I remember I used to have it set so it would load 1.50 if I held down X while booting up with the pandora batt. Otherwise it would load the NAND as with a normal batt!

Quote Originally Posted by SpotterMan158 View Post
    Yea, I know that, but if you modify the TimeMachine config file you can actually make it boot the NAND too I remember I used to have it set so it would load 1.50 if I held down X while booting up with the pandora batt. Otherwise it would load the NAND as with a normal batt!
    It's possible, didn't try it, I didn't see any app that lets you boot NAND from pandora so I made one.
    ------double post merged------
    It's possible, didn't try it, I didn't see any app that lets you boot NAND from pandora so I made one.
    + Pan2Nm doesn't require any space since it injects the sectors so there is no config file, it works different than timemachine.
    Last edited by Psyko; 06-25-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Double post merged

Spotter got spotted!

True.. I just preferred TimeMachine coz of the dual-boot-like usage. And you could have just edited that in without double posting

M-M-M Monster Member

LOLOL haha but hey man, that's pretty rude example
    but ill this out, i have a fatty pandora and i can't convert back (softmodded)
    thanks