network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Retired

Default [Release] Half Byte Loader - Revision 92

I'll keep it short. Since the Half byte Loader thread posted by Stwilliams in April, a lot has changed.

Wololo recently updated the loader to revision 91. Shortly after that, two days later to be precise, it was updated again. As of today, revision 92 is the latest version.

So what's new?
    Rev. 91 developer notes This new revision brings 2 major changes for the user: First, the menu is now a standard eboot. It means that if you are a homebrew coder, you can create your own menu with the usual SDK tools, and are not limited to the Patapon SDK anymore. Second, HBL is now able to come back to the menu once you quit a homebrew. This function is highly experimental for now, so don’t cry if the second homebrew you run doesn’t work as expected… This feature can be disabled by setting return_to_xmb_on_exit=1 in the file hbl/hbl_config.txt. I still recommend revision 85 for now if you are looking for maximum compatibility and performance, but revision 91 sure has some benefits.

Rev. 92 developer notes Just when you thought the weekend couldn’t get any better, here’s a new revision of HBL. It only fixes a few minor issues (mainly, a memory leak in some cases), but I wanted those fixes to be in before I announced my side project for HBL: wMenu.

We, the dev team of HBL decided to not accept bug reports for the menu as part of bugs of the HBL. This is why we moved the menu as a separate application, to allow the HBL project to be free of any user interface. This should allow several menus to appear in time, and this will allow users to choose the interface they like. wMenu is my humble contribution to this, and hopefully you’ll like it. From now on, I’ll include it in my “distrib” compiled versions of HBL. I will not include it in the dev version, because it is currently slower than the default menu.

wMenu is compatible with HBL 91 although HBL92 (or above, if you read this in the future) is recommended.

If you're interested, try it out for yourself.

IMPORTANT!
    With the release of firmware 6.30, the HBL exploit was successfully patched by Sony.
    If you intend to use this, do not update!

attachment system broken for me. Download from QJ below

Download HBL Rev. 91 here
    Download HBL Rev. 92 here

Elite Poster

cool i would use this but my psp is fully-hackable

Spam Buster

then pointless post is pointless...
    Honey Badger don't give a sh*t!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by spike_132000 View Post
    then pointless post is pointless...
    Replying to a pointless point just to say it's pointless makes you a hypocrite as your post is just as bad.

instead of telling these guys how wonderfull worke they've accomplished you guys argue about pointless points /facepalm