network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Default [Release] AdHoc To USB XLink Kai Plugin

Well guys, remember when people would ask if there was a way to connect the PSP to the internet with some sort of USB device cause they didn't have WiFi? Well its here!

Japanese Coder, Yuki-mi, has released a plugin that would allow you to connect to XLink Kai via USB so no need for WiFi anymore.

Being as this is a first release, of course there is going to be some bugs and issues. The plugin has only been tested with two games, Monster Hunter Unite and Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Hawk_The_Slayer over at the XLink Kai Forums stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_The_Slayer
    • The several Japanese users that have been testing the plug-in generally all have pings of around 15ms to 30ms and all use Xlink Kai 7.4.18. They have reported very good results with only occasional disconnection problems.
    • I tested the plug-in with two games, Monster Hunter Unite and FF Dissidia. With Dissidia, we could not get pass the match starting screen, although we could clearly see, join or host battles in the ad hoc lobby. Monster Hunter was slightly different. We could start the quest but after around a minute into it would be disconnected. This happened every time we started a quest, regardless of who was host. A contributory factor to our failure could be that our pings, unlike the Japanese, were around 80ms to 120ms.
    Quote Originally Posted by QJ.net
    Requirements:
    • Windows XP 32bit (Windows Vista and 7 64bit may work, but might have some problems)
    • XLink Kai 7.4
    • PSP-3000 + 5.03GEN-C for HEN
    • USB Cable

Installation: From ReadMe
    • Install WinPcap
    • Install Microsoft Loopback Adapter
      • (Case of 7 or Vista, You click Start, click Run, type hdwwiz, click OK, and install.
    • Setting at Configuration of Xlink Kai. Adapter is "MS LoopBack Driver"
    • Put "AdhocToUSB.prx" in "ms0:/seplugins/"
    • Add "ms0:/seplugins/AdhocToUSB.prx 1" to "ms0:/seplugins/game.txt". If it's missing, create file.
    • If any usbhostfs or RemoteJoy plugin, Please disable
    • Install PSP Type B. after Run game and connect USB (PSP - Google Search type B)
      • (Case of 7 or Vista, Disable Driver Signature Enforcement)
    • Reboot PC, just in case.
    Now I know in the "Requirements" it states a PSP 3000 with 5.03 GEN-C, but I'm sure this will work on 5.00 M33 and 5.50 GEN on any PSP. Yuki-mi might only have a PSP 3000 hence the reason it only says PSP 3000.

If any of you guys try it, post your results, it can help the dev(s) to make this better and almost perfect.

For those of you that don't know what XLink Kai is, here is a little description from SpotterMan158:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpotterMan158 View Post
    XLink Kai is for playing ad-hoc mode games with people around the world, as if the game supported online play, or the people were in the room with you. Using this plugin you would connect your PSP to XLink Kai through USB instead of a second Wi-Fi card, thus allowing you to play ad-hoc games with people around the world!
    [Source - QJ.net]

If you guys are having problems with the Driver Signature Enforcement Override, try this.
    Link: Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b - NGOHQ.com
    Attached Files

well this is pretty much useless to me....but nice post.
    i just wanna get my MGS adhoc on

really useful. now we can play MGS Peace Walker and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite as if they had infrastructure mode. really awesome.
    one question, can you use this if you have wifi on pc? that would be nice.

using this plugin I could connect to the PSN? or is only for online gamming?

cheers

Spotter got spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by longhornx View Post
    using this plugin I could connect to the PSN? or is only for online gamming?

cheers
    XLink Kai is for playing ad-hoc mode games with people around the world, as if the game supported online play, or the people were in the room with you. Using this plugin you would connect your PSP to XLink Kai through USB instead of a second Wi-Fi card, thus allowing you to play ad-hoc games with people around the world!

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by SpotterMan158 View Post
    Thank You for clearing that up. I'm going to put your post in mine so people know what XLink Kai is.

Spotter got spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by leo9891 View Post
    Thank You for clearing that up. I'm going to put your post in mine so people know what XLink Kai is.
    No problem

Hello im trying to test this with Peace walker

just need some people to test it with

So far I cant seem to get into anygame, or join people

P.M. for better testing

Cheers

right now on xlink kai english peace walker room- called co-op missions
    Im hosting the game

Spot Veteran

Thanks, I've got it before. Can you help me? It always says "Detached to Engine" and then the UI will shut down. What's the problem? I've done everything, Another thing is that sometimes it disconnects me to my internet connection

The BEST thing that I like in Custom Firmware is that it can use custom themes unlike in Official Firmware. If official firmware can use ctf themes I'll switch to Official Firmware.

For CTF themes for 5.00m33, 5.03GEN, 5.50GEN-D3 and other Tutorials please visit my PAGE.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

If you guys are running Windows Vista or Windows Se7en, you may run into problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Requirements
    Windows XP 32bit (Windows Vista and 7 64bit may work, but might have some problems)
    IDK why only XP works good as of right now, but i'm sure the dev(s) are workin on it.