network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Elite Poster

Default Metal Gear Solid Story Line...help...

Ok, the only MGS i have played besides Peace Walker, was the one for th PS1.
    Now in Peace Walker your back in the 70's?? WTH??? can you guys help me understand the story line please. Oh yeh i'm asking because my ps2 is busted so i cant play any of the games, nor do i have a ps3. So help story time is ok.

p.s. Thank You
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish
    PLUH!!!!!

Spot Veteran

Ok, Solid Snake (MGS1,2,4) is a clone of Big Boss (MGS3,PO,PW) There are also two other clones of Big Boss, Liquid Snake, and Solidus Snake (wont hear much of him though) Anyways, In PW you are back to the guy who made it possible for Solid Snake to be born. (they arent technically clones, just have modified genes and stuff) Basically Kojima is giving a back story on what happened before Solid Snake.

In short, You are playing as Big Boss/Naked Snake. Not as Solid Snake, who is Big Bosses son/clone/whatever you wanna call him. The story of MGS1,2,4 dont play any part in MGS PW. Get it now?

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    Ok, Solid Snake (MGS1,2,4) is a clone of Big Boss (MGS3,PO,PW) There are also two other clones of Big Boss, Liquid Snake, and Solidus Snake (wont hear much of him though) Anyways, In PW you are back to the guy who made it possible for Solid Snake to be born. (they arent technically clones, just have modified genes and stuff) Basically Kojima is giving a back story on what happened before Solid Snake.

In short, You are playing as Big Boss/Naked Snake. Not as Solid Snake, who is Big Bosses son/clone/whatever you wanna call him. The story of MGS1,2,4 dont play any part in MGS PW. Get it now?
    But even before that, there was a legendary soldier with the Fox unit called The Joy. For her efforts in WWII she received the codename The Boss. The Boss had this idea. She could promote peace with nuclear deterrence. In MGS3 she defected to the Soviet Union as a double agent for the CIA to help end the Cold War. She then launched a nuke at a Soviet base to make it look like an American did it. So to claim America's innocence the CIA employed someone who would know everything about The Boss. A guy named Snake. On the mission he would go by Naked Snake. Naked Snake used to be The Boss's pupil. They had like a mother-son relationship. Anywho, Snake finally defeats and kills The Boss, and earns the codename Big Boss. The events in Peacewalker lead up to the events in Outer Haven, or the original Metal Gear.

Elite Poster

oohhhh anymore??? this sounds really interesting... that cant be all of it... is it?
    PLUH!!!!!

Default Yeah...

Essentially, theres no better way than to play the games according to their Chronology.

===
    MGS3
    MGS Portable Ops
    MGS:PW
    Metal Gear
    Metal Gear 2
    MGS
    MGS2
    MGS4
    ===

Essentially, the entire story whether you want to believe it or not, is truly about The Philosophers, not Snake.

However, you *do* see the actions of their choices through the chronicles of 'Snake', if you will, as he proceeds through his mission. Many things are revealed towards the climax of the story.

I'd wouldn't want to spoil the greatness that is the storyline, so I wont divulge everything, because honestly, this is a must-play series.

Following the events of Operation Snake Eater (MGS3), Boss [Snake] breaks from FOX unit after Major Zero shuts it down in I think it was 1967 or sometime around there. Boss meets Miller during a mission and from there, the makings of MSF, or "Soldiers Without Borders". Essentially a large-scale contractor to wars, a mercenary corporation on steroids.

Through the time of Peace Walker, you see MSF being built from the ground [or in this case, ocean...] up.

[Skip forward to Metal Gear 1]

Big Boss founds "Outer Heaven" ... first introduction of Solid Snake.

[Skip to Metal Gear 2]

Solid Snake defeats Big Boss

[Metal Gear Solid]

Solid Snake once again, herein referred to as simply, Snake, infiltrates Shadow Moses island to stop Metal Gear REX from launching a Nuke. The terrorist composed of ex-Special Forces unit FOXHOUND, and lead by leader Liquid Snake [one of "The Sons of the Boss". La-la-la-la, to the end, Snake finds REX and shuts down the mech, or so he thought, through a ruse set up by Liquid, he actually in fact, activates it! Dun dun dunnn. After the battle, REX is destroyed, but alas, Liquid is still alive, once again, Solid and Liquid fight atop the head of REX (epic right?!), Snake of course defeats Liquid and makes his way to the motor pool to find an escape. A jeep! Not too soon though, Liquid manages to still be alive, and a car chase ensues. SKIP >> Liquid is finally taken out. and Shadow Moses is bombed.

[Metal Gear Solid 2]

Snake starts "Philanthropy", an organization in which the main mission is to destroy Metal Gears from being produced. He finds himself on a Tanker. Snakes mission: To take pictures of the new Metal Gear. Snake accomplishes his mission, but not until it turns out Ocelot was there, ready to give Metal Gear RAY to The Patriots, the American division of The Philosophers.

The tanker is blown up... the scene ends with Snake in the water, presumed dead...

[MGS2 Main Storyline - Raiden - OILIX Oil Platform]

As Raiden, your misssion, is to locate the President and save him, as well as destroy Metal Gear RAY. >> Skip a bit... Not too long into the mission, you meet a SEAL Operative named "Iroquois Pliskin", of course unless you're a noob, you realize its Solid Snake (he never died, duh). Raiden however, does not notice this since he doesn't know what Snake looks like.

[Quick fact: they didn't use the name "Snake Pliskin" because that name was copyrighted from the movie "Escape from New York"] lol

Anyway! Raiden comes across a CIA Bomb Disposal Expert (same voice actor as the DARPA Chief from MGS) and explains the situation: C4 bombs were placed on the Main Support Beams of the Big Shell Platform. He hands you an electronic "Sniffer", which detects the chemicals in the air from the C4 and displays that one your radar, as well as a Liquid Nitrogen Freeze gun... because for some reason when you freeze the bombs, they cannot be detonated. lol.

After taking out the bombs, there turns out to be one more...the CIA man found it, however, he has to detonate it... it was a trap however and wasn't essential to the supports... he sacrifices himself. -sadface-

Along comes a boss battle with a stout man named, "Fatman" (after the bomb).

Skip forward a ways >>>

Upon finding the president, he begins to tell you whats going on: the Big Shell Oil Platform is actually a disguise built right on top of a new Metal Gear: Arsenal Gear!! He also claims the democratic process is a sham, and the true rulers of the United States are an organization known as the Patriots. Before revealing more, Ocelot shoots the president.

"Iroquois Pliskin" reveals himself to be, in fact, Solid Snake.

SKIP forward:

After being knocked out, you awaken in a torture chamber inside of Arsenal Gear. Having to sneak past the guards, making your way through to a rendezvous point with Snake to get your clothes and items back. Snake hands you a Katana.

Skip a wee bit:

Raiden is forced into battle with the 25 Metal Gear RAY units guarding Arsenal Gear...

(Okay seriously, somebody continue for me lol im tired of reliving this story and really makes me wanna play again! haha)
    Last edited by InuyashaBlade; 07-18-2010 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Added more information!

Warning:

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post

WOW! You sure know how to confuse people
    I got lost after the first two sentences

Elite Poster

No no.. keep posting i enjoy read this stuff.
    PLUH!!!!!

Elite Poster

InuyashaBlade pretty much gave you the jist of it in a nut shell, best thing to do would play the games to get the full story.

I wouldn't go so far as saying "the entire story whether you want to believe it or not, is truly about The Philosophers, not Snake"

I would say the Story IS About Naked & Solid Snake, I would call the Philosophers the main protagonist, as the Stories follow the Snakes.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Darklite View Post
    WOW! You sure know how to confuse people
    I got lost after the first two sentences
    You must be easily confused then. Although I could have put my post in better words, I understood what I was typing. But I'm easily confused also, so you wouldn't be the only one.

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Elite Poster

I kinda understood it but then again i didnt. but oh well i have the jist of it as Rac3rX said
    PLUH!!!!!