network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iso_change.prx

Elite Poster

Default iso_change.prx

This is a plugin i've recently discovered which lets you change between iso in a game.

As there is a link disc option in the dj max portable series, i was going to use it but for some reason it won't work and ive followed all instructions (running a phat btw)

EDIT:

Found out how to use this plug-in for dj max black square => link disc with clazziquai edition
    So this is for all those who dont know:

Required:
    -psp 1000/2000
    -custom firmware 4.01 m33 or above
    -patched version of dj max portable clazziquai edition cso renamed djmax3.cso in iso folder
    -patched version of dj max portable black square cso renamed djmax4.cso in iso folder
    -iso_change plugin found in instructions below

1) download iso_change.prx here:

File Details-ISO-Change-v1.2-PSP -

2) extract the files (inside the iso change folder in the rar) into seplugins folder on your psp
    remember to rename the prx

"iso_change.prx" to "game_change.prx"

and in the game.txt change the line

"ms0:/seplugins/iso_change.prx" to "ms0:/seplugins/game_change.prx"

Note: black square wont work if it detects iso change in seplugins so rename!

3) go into recovery mode & enable the plugin and then disable all other plugins, dont exit yet

4) while in recovery go into configuration and change the iso mode into sony np9660 - no umd

5) now exit recovery mode and in the xmb go to game and start dj max black square

6) now when in the menu of black square choose link disc

7) it then asks you "you must insert [dj max portable] disc do you want to continue?"
    choose yes

8) now you have two options dj max 1/2 or clazziquai edition

9) press down to highlight dj max clazziquai edition but do not select yet

10) once clazziquai is highlighted press note (sound button next to brightness), R trigger, L trigger all at the same time

11) a screen should pop up saying iso select, since you renamed your iso's/cso's , press L/R to choose the other (if in black square then click right shoulder to choose djmax3.cso and press circle

12) the screen will dissapear and you will be where you were before, the link disc selection screen, now select dj max clazziquai edition which you highlighted before (it should still be highlighted when exited from iso change)

13) it will then say "you must insert [clazziquai edition] disc do you want to continue?" choose yes

14) antother screen should pop up saying "change umd to [clazziquai edition]

15) now put your psp into sleep mode

16) after 3 seconds put it out of sleep mode (return it on) and another screen should appear saying "djmax portable] disc verified starting linc disc system. click cirlce and there you go =]

when you want to exit, at the clazziquai screen press x
    and select yes to return to black square
    a screen should pop up saying put black square umd in.. at this point press note+L+R at the same time and choose djmax4.cso and then hit circle. switch to sleep mode and then after 3 seconds turn it back on to return to black square

hope this helps most dj max players
    Last edited by phanboi; 01-23-2009 at 05:59 AM.

VIP Member

Well if you have a device like Darkcheat you can do the same thing, also it's not just ISO's but it can let you switch to Homebrew app's, games, and even PS1 games.

Unless your trying to just link a game together with another, in which case I'm not too sure what you can do.

Elite Poster

yep im linking two games together/same series

Spot Veteran

final fantasy psx rips right? i heard on psphacking101.com that there is a way but it is challenging
    Can you beat MYbrute?

Elite Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistMonkey2237 View Post
    final fantasy psx rips right? i heard on psphacking101.com that there is a way but it is challenging
    lol i can do that easy,
    but what im trying to do is to link two psp games together.
    the two games are in the same series and have an option called "link disc" where you swap umd game youre playing to an older version to unlock stuff from that version.

ive tried the plugin iso_change.prx but for some reason it doesnt work.. has anyone used this plugin before which worked? any ideas?

thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.