network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread

Default cwcheat UMD recognition tutorial

Recently, there are three Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force Games, that are:

* Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1
    * Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2
    * Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3

I've read that if you have Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3 you can perform UMD recognition with both Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 1 or 2 to acquire rare cards like.

Well I don't have the original games that come in fancy UMD disks lool, I have the games in ISO format stored in the memstick.

So having the three ISO games in the memstick you'll need to have the latest version of cwcheat installed on your psp.

After that, the process is this:
    1. Go to the DATABASE menu on Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 3;
    2. Then, select the PSP GAME RECOGNITION menu;
    3. When the game prompts to insert another disk, press the select button for about 3 sec. and cwcheat will open;
    4. With cwcheat opened, select ENABLE USB;
    5. A window with the root of your memstick will appear on your pc;
    6. Delete Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 3 ISO from the memstick;
    7. Rename the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 1 ISO with the same name as the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 3 ISO;
    8. Leave the cwcheat menu (don't disable the USB) and press X co acquire the cards;
    9. Now copy the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 3 ISO from your pc to the root of your memstick, previously opened with cwcheat;
    10. When it's done, press select for about 3 sec., cwcheat will open;
    11. Select DISABLE USB;
    12. Leave the cwcheat menu and press X;
    13. Congratulations you got the cards
    14. The game will ask if you want to cancel previous recognition, select OK;
    15. Then, the game asks if you want to save all contents acquired so far, select YES
    16. You successufully acquired the rare cards without actually have the original UMD disks lool

To perform UMD recognition with Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 2 the principle is the same.

If you only have Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 2 and Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Tag Force 1 the process is also the same.

Well that's all

Hope this can help somebody that doesn't have the original games but the games in ISO format

Have fun with the new cards

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

nice! did you find that out on your own, or someone helped you? cuz i remember you posting a thread for help on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by leo9891 View Post
    nice! did you find that out on your own, or someone helped you? cuz i remember you posting a thread for help on this topic.
    I found something on the internet, after searching a million sites.

Yes I did it for myself lool but according to what I've searched, here's the site:

UMD Recon for CFW Yu gi oh... - Symbianize

It's from a forum, I managed to do this tutorial more complete

Just one question, do I have to give credits to the guy on the tutorial?
    Last edited by rmbl; 05-24-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Default Did not work properly

I tried what you explained and after i did the process nothing had changed it did ask to cancel previous psp game recognition and i put yes after having put the yugioh gx 3 back then canceled the usb from cw cheats but i did not get the messages asking if i wanted to save obtained so far after selecting yes on the cancel the previous psp game recognition. What could have gone wrong the only difference was that i have .cso's instead of .iso's but i thought that it sould not matter. Does it?

M-M-M Monster Member

haha a forum made by my race wooo LOL
    nice tut

Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.Please one more post about that..