network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Psp wifi internal error 80410a0b fix [how to]

Now my request is to make this a sticky so if any ops are arround please stick this sucker up.

This is a write-up on something I came across since I recently started buying and selling PSPs. That something is called the dreaded "internal error 80410a0b" that comes up whenever you try to scan for wifi networks with your PSP.
    I'm sure there are a ton of PSP users that had to shell some dough to fix that or even buy another console or something along those lines. This problem is caused by means of wear and tear, dropping, kicking, punching, etc-ing or whatever means of solid sudden impact that ur PSP had to endure in order for that error to pop up. Im sure that you already know that I'm talkin' 'bout PHAT PSP users. I have yet to encounter this problem with my SLIM when I do I will apply the same treatment.
    Too much bable you might think "where is the fix" well, the fix isn't easy by any means. To the unknowing noob the prospect of oppening your PSP guts isn't a pretty one. I must say that this involves just that.

The nasty thing about the PHAT PSP's WIFI board is that its located just beneath everything at the bottom end in the left side of your PSP so I will not be covering how to open it in this "FIX HOW TO" instead if you are not in the know about PSPs and how to open them there are litterary tons os HOW TO's on how to do that so what you want is that PSP WIFI thats it when you have that then you can keep reading on.

While I'm sure this method of fixing might be iffy to some I tell you I had 100% succes with every single PSP that I fixed.
    And I also know some PSP tweakers and fixers might be miffed at me for disclosing this "tidbit" of info but PSP equals pretty much FREE for EVERYONE nowadays. I did search for high and low for a tut on how to fix this nothing that I found was close to what i'm about to say. IF somebody else already done it then props for him. This is my verry own spilling on the matter.

Once you get your WIFI /Card reader board out of your PSP you will need a verry important tool and indispensible I might add. Theres another method too but I dont recommend it.
    Ok this only magic tool you need is a heat gun !
    "A heat gun ?" punters might ask. Sure. My nature is to explain why stuff does things and how things come to be so bare with me for a couple more rows.

The wifi board its not a single board as a whole for the Phat PSP hence why this problem occurs often due to sjock. The WIFI board in your PSP has a metal component ( not the shield that holds the MSPRODuo card ). That in its self is the WIFI and that is then soldered to the larger part of the board with the sound and the clip for the MS card. These soldered points of this WIFI chip are like tiny balls of solder that if shock is applied to the assembly they either form cracks (resulting in no or poor contact) or they just disconnect and then you the unknowing individual will pull of some hairs. Repeatedly. "it was working before I dropped it" ok enough screwing arround. Onto the fixing part. To repair the damaged solder beads its utter imposible. You dont know which one is gone for and have no way of knowing that. Unless you play with high-res million dollar electron microscope. Ok so. Solder can be melted and can rapidly harden.

To fix our WIFI problem we need to COOK IT !

Yes lets cook the WIFI. The heat gun comes in handy here since we can heat the wifi board without doing damage to the circuits and thus melting all the solder underneath it and fixing it. How to do this:

WIFI board
    Heat gun 2000 W / 600 degrees Celsius MAX !!!! This is verry important.
    Any surface where you can place your Wifi board and point a heat gun at it and will not start a blaze. I used a metalic box.

Place your WIFI on whatever surface you choose with the WIFI metal bit facing upwards (towards you) It is also important to note that there is a white sticker on it and that is an indicator when to stop pointing the heat gun at it.

I used a BOSCH Heat gun rated 2000W and 600 degrees Celsius. This is very good since having a more powerfull heat gun will scorch the board and that is something no one wants.

Switch on your heat gun and use a setting close to the max or whatever you think will come close to 500 degrees.

Start from 10 inches high and point you heat gun towards the board and come down gradually until you reach about 2 inches close to it. Watch the board carefully , remember you will not be pointing at the at the green board just focus your heat gust at the metal bit, the whole thing should not take more than a minute.

The white sticker on the metal shield of the WIFI chip will slowly start to turn a dark yellow. Thats ok you are pointing hundreds of celsius worth of heat at it.

When it reaches a light brown you should stop pointing the heat gun at it.

PLEASE DONT TOUCH IT. I'm sure it will leave a burning blister so please leave it be. It should cool of in about 5 minutes.

REMEBER !!! IT NEEDS TO STAY STILL FOR COOLING OFF !!!! Very important.

The solder underneath will harden making any cracks or disconected bits whole again. When that board cools down enough for you to touch it you can place it back into your PSP and VOILA/PRESTO ! it works. Or at least it should

This is by far the most inexpensive way of getting it fixed by your own selfs. If you take your PSP to a repair shop with this problem. It will nearly cost you at least 50 pounds or 50 dollars. I'm sure the techie is gonna say that the wifi needs changing so you will be paying for that plus labor. But in fact the very first thing they do is to repair it with the means I just explained. So instead of getting a new one you will be buying your own WIFI back just mended .

So there you have it. I will also be monitoring this thread in case anyone decides to try it. I'll provide any insight I can. I'm waiting for feedback

Props to Consolespot .
    P.S. The very next one I fix I'll make a video of it and post it here for ppl to see.
    Last edited by ietomit; 07-06-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Ultra Member

Please post just the important parts and not your off-topic sentences because even I had a hard time paying attention while reading this.
    Not for immature people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosjohn View Post
    Please post just the important parts and not your off-topic sentences because even I had a hard time paying attention while reading this.
    hope bolding helps

Thanks for this! I did get really annoyed when i got this damed error so i got a new psp (SLIM 2000) and sold the other one for someone who didnt need wifi altogether and just wanted SP gaming and homebrew (got 75 out of it ) i guess i can contact the guy see if he still has PSP and if he's changed his mind and wants wifi, and then direct him here
    PSP History:
    (Full History)
    Slim psp: 3.71--->Bought datel tool battery --->Made magic memory stick via program <pc>--->3.71m33-2--->3.71m33-3--->3.71m33-4--->
    Bricked--->Pandora to 3.71OFW---->Nand backup---->Pandora to 3.71m33---->3.80m33-5---->3.90m33-2---->Full brick messing in flash---->downloaded new pandora memory stick creator---->pandora to 3.80m33-5---->3.90m33-2----->Waited a LONG while...----->5.00m33-6--->5.50GEN firmware--->Something went seriously wrong--->Pandora back to 5.00m33-4--->5.00m33-6--->IDStorage Corrupt--->Repaired with a PHYSICAL nand restore--->3.71m33-2--->5.00m33-6--->5.50GEN-D2 Correctly Installed this time :P --->And finally randomly switching between peoples themes

Quote Originally Posted by user1690 View Post
    i guess i can contact the guy see if he still has PSP and if he's changed his mind and wants wifi, and then direct him here
    That there my dear friends is true altruistic and non egotistic behavior. major props for you dood.

M-M-M Monster Member

thanks for the LOOONNNGGG Guide haha
    i found it useful still
    dribbble.com/mjavier
    psyko is jelly.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

yea please organize it much better. its hard to pay attention to the steps cuz its just everywhere!

i felt like i had ADHD and i kept wandering to different sections in your "how-to" guide.

I just cant help it. You can't have a nice guide without some story behind it. Makes it more personal for whoever reads it. It does wonder off.. .errr at some points but pretty much stays on track

Ultra Member

Make it more readable. Use Bigger fonts for titles/sub-titles. Spoilers are also good. But most of all you need a banner.

i love you. i tried this and it worked.
    and i definitely find your guide entertaining