network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Elite Poster

Default HELP Create a Default PS3 DS3 Controller Remotejoy Joymap

Rac3rX PS3 DS3 Controller Remotejoy Joymap Project

My goal with this Project is to create a PS3 DS3 Controller DEFAULT Joymap button configuration.

There are allot of people running into trouble getting the PS3 DS3 Controller working right with Remotejoy. My goal is to create a default PS3 Controller Joymap, that can be shared. Also to help people customize the mapping of the button layout.

People have been having trouble with the joymap.exe (myself included) There is very confusing help on how to fix the issue, I hope to get past that, and give people (myself included) a good Default DS3 Configuration.

How to manually create a Joymap

First you need to get the joytest.exe working.

To do this You need to go to your remotejoy folder 14760_Remotejoy4iRS\MS_ROOT folder, in there you have to copy the cygwin1.dll, then past it into the 14760_Remotejoy4iRS\FILES\JOY UTILS folder.

Run the Joytest.exe, and a CMP will open with a bunch of numbers etc, and they are flying down.

With joytest running any controller imput will be displayed in the CMP giving a number for the buttong being used.

These are the Button Numbers for the PS3 DS3 SIAXIAS Controller

D-Pad
    Up= Button: 16
    Down= Button: 64
    Left= Button: 128
    Right= Button: 32

Buttons
    Cross= Button: 16384
    Square= Button: 32768
    Circle= Button: 8192
    Triangle= Button: 4096
    R1= Button: 2048
    R2= Button: 512
    L1= Button: 1024
    L2= Button: 256
    R3= Button: 4
    L3= Button: 2
    Select= Button: 1
    Start= Button: 8
    PS button= Button: 65536

Left Stick

U\D Dead Stick= Y-127
    Up= Y-0
    Down= Y-255

L\R Dead Stick= X-131
    Left= X-0
    Right= X-255

Right Stick

U\D Dead Stick= R-128
    Up= R-0
    Down= R-255

L\R Dead Stick= Z-125
    Left= Z-0
    Right= Z-255

How to manually change the button mapping for Remotejoy

Go to Remotejoy4iRS\MS_ROOT

Once there you should see a file called "Joy_1" & "Joy_2" These are the Joymap files Remotejoy will use when running. If you open the file (use note pad if it doesnt just open on its own). When open you should see text like this....

A Easier way to look at it is....

ANALOG_DEADZONE=23
    DIGITAL_TOL=39
    DIGITAL_X=1
    DIGITAL_Y=2
    ANALOG_X=3
    ANALOG_Y=4
    CROSS=4
    CIRCLE=8
    SQUARE=1
    TRIANGLE=2
    RTRIGGER=64
    LTRIGGER=16
    START=512
    SELECT=256
    HOME=32
    EXIT=128

The numbers in the text reflect the button used (example "
    CROSS=4" On the DS3 we change this to "16384" as that is the button number for the X-Button on the controller, etc)

My CURENT configuration is as follows...

ANALOG_DEADZONE=23
    DIGITAL_TOL=39
    DIGITAL_X=1
    DIGITAL_Y=2
    ANALOG_X=3
    ANALOG_Y=4
    CROSS=16384
    CIRCLE=8192
    SQUARE=32768
    TRIANGLE=4096
    RTRIGGER=512
    LTRIGGER=256
    START=8
    SELECT=1
    HOME=32
    EXIT=65536

If you want to use\try my configuration, just download the attached file. Extract the Joymap file to the 14768_Remotejoy4iRS\MS_ROOT folder, relaunch Remotejoy4iRS

The problems IM encountering (bumps in the road)

After Mapin All the buttons to where the PSP button would be (except the buttons the PSP doesnt have [R2, L2 etc]) It ALMOST works perfectly...

EXCEPT

Home Doesnt seem to work while in game.

The left & Right sticks both control the up\down\left\right of the selector While in a Game

HOWEVER

In IRShell THe Left Stick does D-Pad movement, While the Right Stick does the Analogue Sticks movements (pushing down on the right stick will prompt the close IRShell option, as does doing the same on the PSP joystick).

The D-Pad

I can't use the D-Pad AS the Left Analogue Stick while in a Game or IRShell.

I would like

to use both the Left analogue Stick & The D-Pad to controlle selection in game and in IRSheLL, while using the Right Analogue Stick to get the IRSheLL Analogue Stick Shorcuts.

And OR

The ability to remap buttons to the Right analogue stick.

PLEASE if anybody can help me get past my issues, Ill be sre to post the text to be copied into the "Joy_1" joymap file to create a default PS3 DS3 Controller button layout...
    Attached Files

Elite Poster

UPDATE, I got all the buttons working and it stopped crashing, all buttons are assigned nicely

My configuration posted in the OP works great.

I added the file as an attachment to the OP.

Only Gripe is I cant get the D-Pad useable in a game as the joystick (or mane movement controls) I can only remap other buttons to the d-pad buttons (X remapped to D-Pad up, for example)

Anybody...

Elite Poster

UPDATE

The issue is now worse.

THe config remains the same and works relitively good.

But when I play GTA CW the right analogue stickcontrols the movements, the left analogue stick does nothing, neither does the D-Pad (outside remapped buttons)

Is there a way to atleast switch the right stick controls over to the left stick???

Elite Poster

You should just edit your post instead of posting more. It will get confusing.

Elite Poster

Quote Originally Posted by xxraven0190xx View Post
    You should just edit your post instead of posting more. It will get confusing.
    Have any help?

Elite Poster

UPDATE

I have figured out how to switch the left stick for the right stick.

This will be very useful for GTA CTW and any game where there is analogue controls, because up until this customization the Left stick controlled the D-pads movements digitally & not the PSP joysticks analogue movements.

Nice posts. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!