network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Spot Veteran

Place any file at the root of your MS to a folder, except the 550.pbp and the 2 other files. I forgot their file names. They're 0B in size and with hidden attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo695 View Post
    OK, so the 550.PBP is on the root but there is also another .pbp file that appears every time I flash the memory still called 'update.pbp', i've tried installing with it and without it but it still doesn't work. Has this file got something to do with it? The file is like 13mb too
    13 mb size eboot? it looks like the 1.50 updater, delete that file from the root, btw are you overwriting the UPDATE folder inside "X:/PSP/GAME" ? if you are doing that's your problem

btw are you overwriting the UPDATE folder inside "X:/PSP/GAME" ? if you are doing that's your problem
    Overwriting what? Each time I update my PSP I delete the UPDATE folder that was there and replace it with the new one from the pack. That usually works.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

550.PBP goes in the root

XGEN Updater v4 goes in X:/PSP/GAME folder

then run XGEN Updater from the XMB. When it brings you to the menu, press "Install/Flash 5.50 GEN-D" It may take some time, then when it's done it will ask you to press Circle or X to Shutdown or Reboot, select reboot (it doesn't matter which on you do but i'm sure your gonna turn it back on) then check your CFW Version. when it is 5.50 GEN-D, then install 5.50 GEN-D2 and that also goes in X:/PSP/GAME folder. Run it and your should be upgraded to 5.50 GEN-D2

IDK why its not working, i'm sure its something wrong on your end of the installation.

Overwriting what? Each time I update my PSP I delete the UPDATE folder that was there and replace it with the new one from the pack. That usually works.
    there must be something that you are not doing or a step that you are skipping, dude post a guide of the steps you are doing.

550.PBP goes in the root

XGEN Updater v4 goes in X:/PSP/GAME folder

then run XGEN Updater from the XMB. When it brings you to the menu, press "Install/Flash 5.50 GEN-D" It may take some time, then when it's done it will ask you to press Circle or X to Shutdown or Reboot, select reboot (it doesn't matter which on you do but i'm sure your gonna turn it back on) then check your CFW Version.
    This is EXACTLY what I've been doing except it doesn't even get to the part where it asks to reboot or shutdown, as I said, it just freezes then shuts down at 'Loading Sony Updater'. I've got my AC Adapter plugged in, flashed flash1 from recovery and even deleted all my pluggins. I'm doing fricking right! I've updated my PSP with all the other XGEN updaters without a problem, has anyone else had this problem? Should I downgrade to 5.00 M33 then up to 5.50 GEN D or would I just have the same results?

Should I downgrade to 5.00 M33 then up to 5.50 GEN D or would I just have the same results?
    try that and let's hope it works this time