network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default [Tutorial] Recover to 1.50

This is a guide on how to recover to fw 1.50 for all those who've not made a backup of their flash0 and those wishing to roll back there psp to a lower firmware. Once you've recovered to 1.50 you can then re-install your cfw.

Please note this is for M33 3.52 or below this will not work for M33 3.71+ or for the slim

1. Go into recovery mode and enable USB

2. Create a folder called recovery in the game folder of your ms the path is ms:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY and copy the contents of the 150 recovery.zip here

3. Exit USB and then click run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP

4. Follow the on screen instructions

5. You have now recovered to 1.5 and can now re-install your cfw and then take a backup of your flash0

Get your 1.50 recovery file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dwtjzezlzjf
    Last edited by scouse; 11-09-2007 at 07:19 AM. Reason: To let people know it wont work on M33 3.71+ or the slim

I DONT do Gameboots or Cintros anymore so please dont PM asking for them.

Super Moderator

Not to rain on your parade. But...there is NO reason to EVER have to install 1.50 to go from one custom firmware to a different version, OR, to reinstall that version on top of itself.

SO... instead of messing with the recovery 150 files, take the eboot.pbp that you used to install your custom firmware and put THAT file into \psp\game\recovery and run from recovery screen.

Quote Originally Posted by SchmilK View Post
    Not to rain on your parade. But...there is NO reason to EVER have to install 1.50 to go from one custom firmware to a different version, OR, to reinstall that version on top of itself.

SO... instead of messing with the recovery 150 files, take the eboot.pbp that you used to install your custom firmware and put THAT file into \psp\game\recovery and run from recovery screen.
    This was added before the pandora mate and as far as i'm aware back then it was the only way to roll back your firmware if you weren't happy like a lot of people weren't with M33 at first and thats why i added it.

what do you mean by saying it wont work on 3.71 m33+? Do you mean it will work on 3.71 m33 but not higher or do you mean it wont work on 3.71 m33 or higher?

---------------------------------------------

Elite Poster

1. Go into recovery mode and enable USB

2. Create a folder called recovery in the game folder of your ms the path is ms:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY and copy the contents of the 150 recovery.zip here

3. Exit USB and then click run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP

4. Follow the on screen instructions

5. You have now recovered to 1.5 and can now re-install your cfw and then take a backup of your flash0

Can i know why we need to back up the Flash (0) in step 5.?

Black(FAT)
    PSP LiFe: 3.10 --> Pandora's battery --> 1.50 --> 3.52 m33 --> 3.52 m33-4 --> U.P.M.S Emerald --> 3.71 m33-4 (addon kernel 150-2)
    Second Black(FAT)
    PSP LiFe: 3.71 m33-3 --> Pandora's battery --> 1.50 --> 3.52 m33 --> 3.52 m33-4 --> U.P.M.S Emerald --> 3.71 m33-4 (addon kernel 150-2)

PSP Slim(Facilia Blue)
    PSP life: 3.80m33 --> Pandora's Battery --> 3.90m33-3--> 5.00m33-3

Once you've installed any cfw it's a good idea to take a backup of your flash0 because if your flashing themes, gameboots etc and something goes wrong you'll probably need them and it will save you from having to go through this over and over again. One of the most common and annoying questions on here is "can someone please post the original flash0 for 3.**" which is against the law so reminding people to take their own copy will help to stop this.

Elite Poster

Ok so that is what you mean... by the way thanks for reminding us...

Black(FAT)
    PSP LiFe: 3.10 --> Pandora's battery --> 1.50 --> 3.52 m33 --> 3.52 m33-4 --> U.P.M.S Emerald --> 3.71 m33-4 (addon kernel 150-2)
    Second Black(FAT)
    PSP LiFe: 3.71 m33-3 --> Pandora's battery --> 1.50 --> 3.52 m33 --> 3.52 m33-4 --> U.P.M.S Emerald --> 3.71 m33-4 (addon kernel 150-2)

PSP Slim(Facilia Blue)
    PSP life: 3.80m33 --> Pandora's Battery --> 3.90m33-3--> 5.00m33-3

I think this news is good news for me