network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ultra Member

Default PSP WiFile Transfer v1Alpha

PSP Homebrew Application - PSP WiFile Transfer v1 Alpha

PSP WiFile Transfer v1 Alpha allows you to access your memory stick from the internet and so anyone can download your things and no-one has to be near you.

A Better Description By dl.qj.net
    Homebrew Developer Luis Pestana is back again as he announces an update to his PSP WiFile Transfer homebrew application. We're sure many of you guys have been enjoying this PSPFTPD-based app, which allows your PSP to remote transfer files with a PC. This version introduces a couple of updates, most importantly a fix to the "close FTP" bug that was reported in its previous version:

Exiting without close FTP connections freeze, bug solved
    Created a intuitive graphic interface
    MD5 Checksum added

Further details should be available in the bundle's README, as well as the file source link - remember to read those. Now, in case you're wondering how this application works (but don't want to risk installing it...yet), Luis has enclosed a Youtube video demonstrating what WiFile can do. Enjoy the video, and the accompanying download link!

I Found The Video! YAY!

Attached Files
    Last edited by karothacker; 04-30-2008 at 10:00 PM.

I'll take a look but doesn't that mean now you have to open a port? unless your psp initiates the connection to the other pc (which it must accept with an open port) you need to open the port. This seems more like a webserver from the description. or download server. good idea I'm just unsure of it. I'm downloading tho

PSP FW History

3.71 OFW --> 3.80 OWF --> 3.90 OWF --> 3.71 M33 --> 3.90 M33 --> 3.90 M33-2 --> 3.90M33-3 -->4.01M33 --> 4.01M33-2 --> 5.00M3 --?5.00M33-2 -->5.00M33-3

omy this is sweet! I don't need to use my USB drive any more! wow!
    Very nice Homebrew Application works perfectly on CFW 4.01 m33-2
    and to acer5050 all you need to do is open the ip address in Windows Explorer and your there upload, delete, save the same thing you would do when your PSP is in USB mode this is awesome! And the best thing is that this is all done wireless
    Last edited by wizardfingers; 08-13-2008 at 12:58 AM.
    Useful Threads
    [x] [x] [x] [x]

This sounds sweet. If it really works well enough to substitute using the USB plug, then I'll definitely use it. It should prevent my Mac from populating my PSP memory stick with .Trash, .Spotlight, and other hidden unix file types.

(Mac tries to index a drive for search purposes, and it places the index on the drive being indexed. Not a big file, but I don't need to search my memorystick with spotlight, I can't get my Mac to stop doing it, and I'm a clean freak. I don't want extraneous, useless files on my PSP.)

You can also access the IP address by using a file transfer client here and it does really work but what I despite is that fact that the transfer rate is faster via usb
    Useful Threads
    [x] [x] [x] [x]

Not much luck. I can connect and access files with Finder. Using an actual FTP client (Fetch) was unsuccessful, however. Unfortunately, the memory stick is read only from Finder. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but that's kind of useless for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardfingers View Post
    omy this is sweet! I don't need to use my USB drive any more! wow!
    Very nice Homebrew Application works perfectly on CFW 4.01 m33-2
    and to acer5050 all you need to do is open the ip address in Windows Explorer and your there upload, delete, save the same thing you would do when your PSP is in USB mode this is awesome! And the best thing is that this is all done wireless
    OMG Dude I get it now. i thought this was for sending stuff to ur friends... This is much better than I thought GOOD BY USB CABLE!

PSP FW History

3.71 OFW --> 3.80 OWF --> 3.90 OWF --> 3.71 M33 --> 3.90 M33 --> 3.90 M33-2 --> 3.90M33-3 -->4.01M33 --> 4.01M33-2 --> 5.00M3 --?5.00M33-2 -->5.00M33-3

So, you guys are getting full read/write access? I'll have to play around some more.

Default Got It!!

I think I now understand how to use this application..

1) You run it on your PSP and let it connect to your wireless LAN. If it successfully establishes connection; it will display on the screen Connected at ftp://<IP Addr>

2) Now to access the PSP from your PC; you can either use a dedicated FTP client or use Windows Explorer (as FTP client)
    2.1) Using a dedicated FTP Client - connect to the <IP Addr> shown on PSP screen.
    2.2) Using Windows Explorer - in the Windows explorer address bar type ftp://<IP Addr on PSP screen> and press enter.

Inherently this app makes the PSP act as a FTP server.. but connecting it over wireless and using WinExplorer simply gives all the kicks..

I am using it successfully on Slim CFW 4.01M33-2

@phor2zero: Yeah, you get full read/write access over wireless. Awesome!!
    The only drawback is that you cannot edit files.. like if you want to modify your vsh.txt to add a line or two into it.. This is obvious since it uses FTP. But you can always download the file, edit and upload again.

Too small a drawback for me when compared to getting rid of that USB cable So full marks..
    Last edited by neo_in; 08-13-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    PSP Slim
    OFW 4.01 > OFW 4.05 > CFW 3.80 M33-5 > CFW 4.01 M33-2
    Please visit My PSP Blog

Elite Poster

I have to try this for myself
    BlackChidori
    sasuke2008chidori

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast