network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator

Default Dawn Mod for CSPSP

I've always been a fan of CSPSP and this definitely keeps up with the great tradition! I thought paintball was a nice update, but this is great! So without further delay.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanX2X
    ~DAWN MOD FOR CSPSP~

Ah, yes, after 8 months of being in development, I am proud to announce the release of my latest mod "dawn".

The premise of dawn is simple. The year is 2023, the gangs of New York have allied to form a crime Syndicate. Their goal is to slowly expand their territory and control as much of New York as possible. They have been winning battles against the military, so the government has set up a new unit. The ASU (Anti-Syndicate Unit). The ASU is comprised of the most elite soldiers from around the country. Unfortunately, they are few in numbers due to this. Thus they frequently receive help from local authorities and the military.

Now, all that is for, is to let the mod make a little more sense to you, it's other purpose was to give me a framework for all of my ideas instead of the mod being a jumbled mess.

This mod, is a total conversion mod, meaning nearly everything that can be changed in CSPSP without the source, has been changed. There is various hex editing, all the gfx have been changed, and all the sounds have been changed.

The gfx were completely from the top of my head. I used source images for a few weapons such as the Mini-Pump, but most I drew on graph paper and ported them over, or drew by hand in photoshop. The sounds are from all over, a few of them are actually made by me, while the majority of them are from various mods for older PC games such as BF1942 and MOHAA.

During Dawns development I started a "dawnzeff" competition. The competition was to see who could make the best "danzeff input system" theme for Dawn. And the Winner is..... Doublehawk! His danzeff was very very complicated. Not only did he use my mods font (Birth of a Hero), but he also managed to make it look so dam slick!

I am proud to announce that Dawn is the first mod that is interchangeable. With the CSPSPC download of dawn, you will be able to use one map folder, for both dawn, and another version of CSPSP. This means a couple things. For one, you don't have to redownload maps when you switch mods! Another thing, is that it saves you TONS of disk space, because as hardcore players of CSPSP will know, having 700 maps ends up taking a bit of space.

NOTE: The CSPSPC Dawn release contains dawn and the ORIGINAL CSPSP. If you wish to switch it out for another mod, simply copy the contents of the mods folder into the "Dawn mod 4 CSPSP v1.0" folder under "PSP", then edit the "MODS.TXT" in the CSPSPC folder (which is in the game folder) to include your mod!

There are a few things I must warn you about though, due to some error on my end, DO NOT RENAME THE DAWN FOLDER. I am not sure why, but if you rename the folder, the game will not work. The same goes for the CSPSPC version of it, leave the folder names exactly how I have them. The names may seem too long for some, but that's just the way it is, at the moment there is nothing I can do about it.

I would like to Thank these people for their immense help in the development process:
    -TOP_PRO: Helping me with getting an idea and helping to shape the mod.
    -Xiphirx: Opinion, Advice, Suggestions, and Being Hilarious when I needed it. (And for developing CSPSP Center, which is one of the most awesome PSP homebrew applications ever.
    -Doublehawk: Beta Testing, Advice, Danzeff
    -Badass: Being so enthusiastic about the mod! :P
    -xXxSpectre@: For being courageous enough to say "This sucks" when I did something wrong.
    -Nataku92: For his amazing game (CSPSP) and for making the game so easily Mod-able
    -The CSPSP Forums (z4.invisionfree.com/cspsp): For support, enthusiasm, and for making me want to make mods in the first place.

If I forgot you, and you feel you are important, please PM me and I will add you immediately if I did in fact forget you.

Credits for Music:
    -The Eboot Music is "April 26th 1992" by Sublime
    -The in-game music is "Shippin' Off To Boston" by Dropkick Murphys

DOWNLOADS:

Dawn (Standalone)

Dawn (CSPSP Center Edition)

DAWNZEFF COMPETITION HONORABLE MENTION:

Slimfires Dawnzeff!: I did enjoy this danzeff entry, it had a nice cityscape in the background and the colors blended well, I hope to see more Danzeffs from him in the future.

Xiphirx's Dawnzeff: A very innovative danzeff that uses the concept of different shapes instead of just the standard block. The only reason this one didn't win, is that Doublehawks had more to do with the mod. This is an incredible danzeff though, I highly suggest checking it out.

I have also decided to release these userbars for people who want to show their "dawn pride" as Badass likes to say.

You can quote this post to whatever site you want, I don't care, if you feel that enthusiastic about this mod, go for it, just make sure people know that nataku92 created CSPSP, not me.

THIS WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL CSPSP FORUMS

sIgMaKeR

wow this looks great im downloading i now..

Taking sig requests

reddit/u/prof1t

That snow map reminds me of counter strike. xd
    Lol, thank you for this.
    :)

*Downloading*