network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Default [NOOB FRIENDLY] The Must Have Apps/Brew For Your PSP [GREAT FOR NOOBS]

Hey there! I just figured I would put together a bunch of Applications and Homebrew that are a MUST HAVE on the PSP. I feel like, if not ALL then 99%, of people use these. So why waste your time looking and searching for the perfect Apps/Brew to put on your PSP that you are going to use, most of the time, when you can just download all of them RIGHT HERE!!!!!

YOU CAN HIGHLIGHT AND CLICK ON THE NAME OF THE APPS/BREW/PLUGINS, AND THEY WILL REDIRECT YOU TO A NEW PAGE WHICH DESCRIBES THEM MORE IN DEPTH!

There will be two(2) files for download, one(1) of them being just some basic stuff which will be explained later on, and the other is the whole enchalada (hope I spelled that right...)

I'll give some details on what Apps/Brew are included in each file, and what they do.

Ok the "Basic Tools" for the Phat and Slim include the following:
    • LEDA v2 - This is for only Slim users. Its like a 1.50 Kernel for the Slim, so now your able to run some old homebrew and apps that were only able to run on 1.50 Kernel. Now who needs the Phat PSP? LOL
    • Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.50 - The very handy and useful app to upgrade and downgrade to Official Firmware and Custom Firmware, and to help you recover from semi-bricks. This is a MUST HAVE!
    • UPTv5.0.2 - The easiest way to create a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick. Its the latest version so it will install 5.00 M33. You can also use this to make your Pandora Battery + Magic Memstick be used as normal ones aswell so there is no need for an extra battery or memstick!
    • 1.50 Kernel Add-On - This is ONLY for Phat PSP users. This will allow you to run all homebrew and apps that uses the 1.50 Kernel
    • POPSLoader - This is so you can play YOUR backed up PS1 games that you bought/own LEGALLY
    • 1.50-5.00 EBOOTS - These are the Official EBOOTS made by SONY, from 1.50 to 5.00. Only the Important ones that are needed to go to a CFW are included, not useless EBOOTS.
    • Slim Colors Patch+5.02 Colors Patch - The Slim Colors Patch is for the Phat PSP only. It allows Phat users to have the extra background colors available to choose from. The 5.02 Colors Patch is for both the Phat and Slim PSP. It allows the both the Phat and Slim to have the PSP 3000's 1-12.bmp. They are more vibrant and look much better than the old one.
    • ReadMe Files - Ofcourse it includes a "ReadMe" file made by yours truly explaining whats what, just like this thread. It also includes a readme file for UPT v5 and another text file made by me that tells you what you can delete depending on if your a Phat user or a Slim user and what you can delete after you have installed certain apps. (i.e. - 5.00 M33-6 Update)

Click Here>>>Basic Tools v3<<<Click Here

Now for the "Total Package" for the Phat and Slim. This includes everything that the "Basic Tools" has and more!
    • Adhoc File Transfer - This is a handy app. As the name implies, it allows you to transfer files from your PSP to another PSP via Adhoc. NO FILE SIZE LIMIT!!!!! Its also handy if you want to move some files around on your PSP if you do not have a computer around (I know Filer can do this but the buttons are so confusing, to me atleast) Lets say your friend has a song or movie or a CTF on his PSP but he doesn't have Adhoc File Transfer, NO WORRIES! Adhoc File Transfer has an option for you to send your friend Adhoc File Transfer via GameSharing!!!!! Your friend will have all the options that you will have!!!!! THANX SONY FOR GAMESHARING!!!!!
    • UMD Operator v2 - This allows you to rip a game from a UMD, that you own legally ofcourse!, straight onto your memory stick in ISO format.
    • cwCheat+CoderPR - This allows you to use codes in games such as ummm lets say... FTB2. There are a few codes inside CoderPR but nothing major. As for cwCheat, there is a whole library! The codes that are inside were installed by default, If there is not a game or certain code you want, you have to search for it. DO NOT COME ASKING ME!
    • Plugins (prxs) - These are plugins that you can run when your either in the VSH/XMB or while playing a PSP game or PS1 game. Included is:
      • Game Categories Plugin - Allows you to organize your apps, homebrew, legally backed up PSP and PS1 games and so on
      • Music Plugin - Allows you to listen to your music, even while your playing games, watching movies, viewing photos and such!!!!! GREAT plugin, MUST HAVE!
    • LEDA v2 - This is for only Slim users. Its like a 1.50 Kernel for the Slim, so now your able to run some old homebrew and apps that were only able to run on 1.50 Kernel. Now who needs the Phat PSP? LOL
    • Hellcat's Recovery Flasher v1.50 - The very handy and useful app to upgrade and downgrade to Official Firmware and Custom Firmware, and to help you recover from semi-bricks. MUST HAVE!
    • UPTv5.0.2 - The easiest way to create a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick. Its the latest version so it will install 5.00 M33. You can also use this to make your Pandora Battery + Magic Memstick be used as normal ones aswell so there is no need for an extra battery or memstick!
    • 1.50 Kernel Add-On - This is ONLY for Phat PSP users. This will allow you to run all homebrew and apps that uses the 1.50 Kernel
    • POPSLoader - This is so you can play YOUR backed up PS1 games that you bought/own LEGALLY
    • 1.50-5.00 EBOOTS - These are the Official EBOOTS made by SONY, from 1.50 to 5.00. Only the Important ones that are needed to go to a CFW are included, not useless EBOOTS.
    • Slim Colors Patch+5.02 Colors Patch - The Slim Colors Patch is for the Phat PSP only. It allows Phat users to have the extra background colors available to choose from. The 5.02 Colors Patch is for both the Phat and Slim PSP. It allows the both the Phat and Slim to have the PSP 3000's 1-12.bmp. They are more vibrant and look much better than the old one.
    • ReadMe Files - Ofcourse it includes a "ReadMe" file made by yours truly explaining whats what, just like this thread. It also includes a readme file for UPT v5, Game Categories Plugin, System Configuration Spoofer Plugin, and another text file made by me that tells you what you can delete depending on if your a Phat user or a Slim user and what you can delete after you have installed certain apps. (i.e. - 5.00 M33-6 Update)

Click>>>Total Package v4<<<Here

Hope this helped! And thank you for your time by checking this thread out! If you need any help just PM me or ask right here in the thread!

sweet, good job nice list.
    "There can only be one True Sword"

PSP History

PSP Walpapers

Super Moderator

Nice hope this thread is updated regularly with the newest versions of these apps and new apps as they come out. Good Job!

Yeah it would be great if you keep this updated every so often, thanks for the post. It may help those brand new cfw users to decide what to first put on their PSP. Nice job.

Great list of apps. Thanks, leo!

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

lmao! thanx guys! just trying to help out! sorry i couldnt upload it to the site directly. its just that consolespot has a 30MB limit and these files are 211MB(Basic Tools) and 213MB(Total Package) and seeing how much u guys like this thread, i'll definately try and keep it updated with the lastes updates of each app/brew.

XMB Creator

Nice thread!
    Should help a lot of people find the apps they need a lot easier!

great idea bundling the apps for download too!!
    Last edited by Mudbone; 02-25-2009 at 01:53 PM.

CLICK HERE
    40+ THEMES CONVERTED TO 5.50Gen!!

360 Gamer Card/Other

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    Nice thread!
    Should help a lot of people find the apps they need a lot easier!

great idea bundling the apps for download too!!
    thanx! yeah now ppl can find some of the greatest apps easier and all in one place. and they dont have to install any of these on their own, its just 3 folders that you just drag onto the root of your memory stick and thats all! the only things they need to install is the LEDA v2, 5.00 M33-6, 1.50 Kernel, which they HAVE to do on the PSP. and they just have to access their flash0 for slim colors patch and 5.02 1-12.bmp patch. everything else is where it needs to be.

hope this gets stickied!

very helpful for noobs man..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast