network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default quick question ?

i was wondering is there a way to convert ipa's to iso perhaps even eboot format , also would psp be able to handle an ipod game namely cod waw zombiez ?i hope this is the right place to post sorry if it isnt

Spot Veteran

Im not sure what a ipa file is, so im pretty sure that a psp can't run it. And I know there isn't a way to play ipod games on the psp.

an ipa is the file format for ipod an iphone applications like eboot is for psp an exe is for pc ,why cant the psp play ipod games ??

Spot Veteran

Well im sure if you can code you could make it happen, but I dont think anyone has done this.

Computer Science 101

Most games are written in a higher level language, like C++.
    This is the source code.
    But once you write the C++ code, it is compiled into what is called assembly (Hardware/Software environment specific code).
    Assembly is basically telling the hardware what to do, it's not a really readable language.
    And as the code is executed, it's basically just 0's and 1's.

Now yes, the people at Activision could probably get CoD Zombies on the PSP. But they have the source code. We only have basically the end product.

The reason you can't play an iPod title on a PSP is the same reason you can't play a PSP game on your computer, or run an exe on your iPod (without emulation, which is a program that mimics the hardware, and you would need 10-20x the system resources of the original system to do that).

Hope this helps.

Elite Poster

Quote Originally Posted by shadowriffe View Post
    Computer Science 101

Most games are written in a higher level language, like C++.
    This is the source code.
    But once you write the C++ code, it is compiled into what is called assembly (Hardware/Software environment specific code).
    Assembly is basically telling the hardware what to do, it's not a really readable language.
    And as the code is executed, it's basically just 0's and 1's.

Now yes, the people at Activision could probably get CoD Zombies on the PSP. But they have the source code. We only have basically the end product.

The reason you can't play an iPod title on a PSP is the same reason you can't play a PSP game on your computer, or run an exe on your iPod (without emulation, which is a program that mimics the hardware, and you would need 10-20x the system resources of the original system to do that).

Hope this helps.
    so if we could get the source code for that game (good luck in trying to do that it probably wont happen) someone could probably port it to the psp if they had good enough coding skills and time.

couldnt i get the source from the actual game some how ,yes i know thas the end process but is it possible ??

No. Reverse engineering of that magnitude would take a tremendous undertaking of probably a team of countless dozens of software engineers and encryption hackers.

Frankly, it would take even less effort to remake the game from the ground up or even to raise a few million dollars to pay Activision to do it.