network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ultra Member

Default Firmware v5.00 Now Live!

Following the release of the PlayStation 3's firmware update the PSP has received its own update, bringing it up to v5.00 firmware. To download simply hit the Network Update icon to start downloading the update.

What does this update bring? Have a look at the changelog:
    • The [PlayStaiton Network] category has been added, and [PlayStation Store] is now available under this category.
    • PlayStation format software can now be output in interlace format on a connected device.
    • PlayStation format software can now be output in full-screen size on a connected device.
    • The sleep timer feature can now be used under [Music].
    • The system will automatically change to USB mode when a USB Cable is connected.
    • The [Original] theme has been redesigned.
    Let's recap: full-screen QWERTY keyboard, auto-sleep function for music, portable PlayStation Store, and yes now you can play your games in full screen with interlace display support. That's right those T.V.'s that would not work with your PSP slim, will now actually work.

You can also find the update below for download.

Download Firmware 5.00 For The PSP

Or Click more, to View the Video Walktrough!
    Last edited by Gman17; 10-15-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Prepubescent Cacodemon

I would leave a disclaimer at the end as a warning to n00bs that if you download OFW 5.0 you will lose all functionality CFW has to offer....

You know there will be at least one...

Do you think Dark_AleX will make a custom firmware out of it?

Spot Veteran

downloading, then try it out, pandorize then wait for m33 =)
    EDIT 1: upgrading OFW OMG i must be retarded for this.
    EDIT 2: holy s**t!!!!! i like the new osk, the waves look nah not to impressive looks like the visualizer and OMG!!!!! they added 3 extra colors and finally black but its not like the dark black from custom themes,but in the theme settings where you click on theme it has a new option classic and original the classic is for the old waves and original for the new waves and the psn i cant access cuz i dont have WIFI, and in the music visual effects looks like the 3rd effect's preview has changed to red and blue dots and its the one with the green background and has spinning dots hope this info would help a little well i guess im going to my girlfriend pandora <3

EDIT 3: forgot about the USB, i likey likey automatic connection finally a firmware worth updating.
    Last edited by geico_gecko; 10-15-2008 at 05:37 PM.

Spot Veteran

I wish he would do a m33 for it... haha new features. I like the usb mode features....

The BEST thing that I like in Custom Firmware is that it can use custom themes unlike in Official Firmware. If official firmware can use ctf themes I'll switch to Official Firmware.

For CTF themes for 5.00m33, 5.03GEN, 5.50GEN-D3 and other Tutorials please visit my PAGE.

CAn u play iso/cso games with this firmware??

..... you need custom firmware to play iso/cso so in a short answer... no
    PSP Slim and lite:[Silver] Ver: 4.01 m33-2

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by geico_gecko View Post
    downloading, then try it out, pandorize then wait for m33 =)
    EDIT 1: upgrading OFW OMG i must be retarded for this.
    EDIT 2: holy s**t!!!!! i like the new osk, the waves look nah not to impressive looks like the visualizer and OMG!!!!! they added 3 extra colors and finally black but its not like the dark black from custom themes,but in the theme settings where you click on theme it has a new option classic and original the classic is for the old waves and original for the new waves and the psn i cant access cuz i dont have WIFI, and in the music visual effects looks like the 3rd effect's preview has changed to red and blue dots and its the one with the green background and has spinning dots hope this info would help a little well i guess im going to my girlfriend pandora <3

EDIT 3: forgot about the USB i, likey likey automatic connection finally a firmware worth updating.
    can you post some screenshots???

The BEST thing that I like in Custom Firmware is that it can use custom themes unlike in Official Firmware. If official firmware can use ctf themes I'll switch to Official Firmware.

For CTF themes for 5.00m33, 5.03GEN, 5.50GEN-D3 and other Tutorials please visit my PAGE.

Spot Veteran

I upgraded to 5.00 just a while back, but I forgot I have my battery in immaculate Pandora mode so I didn't see all the changes coz my psp won't boot normally.

I reverted to 4.01 m33-2 and will try again to see for myself the changes in 5.00 tomorrow, after I borrow a normal psp battery. lol

Click this DRAGON, please, to awaken it.

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by geico_gecko View Post

EDIT 3: forgot about the USB i, likey likey automatic connection finally a firmware worth updating.
    lol.

Alternative VSH menu 6.1 already has this option of auto-USB connect. Red Squirrel beat Sony by about a month with that feature.

Click this DRAGON, please, to awaken it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast