network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Spot Veteran

Thanks SchmilK, it's perfect for me to play soul calibur and my favorite apps & games that will only work on 5.00m33

The NandManager keeps saying that I don't have enough freespace to save my nand but I have 4.66 gb left on my 16gb. I'm just going to dump my nand with DC8 and continue with your instructions..so hope it still works this way.
    Last edited by mslug360; 08-31-2009 at 05:17 AM.

CAPCOM FML FGHTS

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

nice guide schmilk. looks good and nice for M33 fanboys who want PSN Access and infrastructure mode or people who just want 5.50 GEN Themes.

i'm just going to stay with 5.50 GEN-A/U3R

Spot Veteran

Awesome guide! Did some things different with my NAND backups though and now it's simple as ever:

- Hex edited poploaders for each firmware since they use different ones. M33-6 uses a renamed and edited popsloader.prx, "emulpsxm33.prx" to look for popsloader files in "emulpsxm33" folder instead of "popsloader" on my memory stick. GEN-B uses a renamed and edited popsloader.prx, "emulpsxgen.prx" to look for popsloader files in "emulpsxgen" folder instead of "popsloader" on my memory stick.

- Hex edited versionspoof to read text files renamed in each firmware. M33-6 has an edited sysconf_spoof.prx to read from firmspoofm33.txt on my memory stick, GEN-B also has an edited sysconf_spoof.prx to read from firmspoofgen.txt on my memory stick. Both reads spoofmac.txt the same way.

- Hex edited CXMB a little different in both firmware backups. M33-6 uses and edited cxmb.prx to use 0500.txt & 0500 folder from memory stick, GEN-B uses an edited cxmb.prx to use 0550.txt & 0550 folder from memory stick.

- BTN files had to be manually edited since both Plugin2Flash0 & Flash Loader both semi-bricked my PSP everytime I tried adding another plugin after flashing one before.

- Categories, CXMB, Dayviewer, Sysconf_Spoof, and Hold+ were flashed into both firmware's flash0

- Only plugins that are in my SEPLUGINS folder now are Custom Firmware Extender, CWCheat, edited popsloader for M33 & GEN, and iRShell Autoboot

Without this tutorial I would've still been reflashing and setting everything back the way I want it to be. Now it's easy as hell by just restoring my custom NANDs

Thanks SchmilK!
    PS3 MGS4 Bundle | Firmware 3.41 | 250GB Upgrade | PlayStation Plus

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by InfinitiProject View Post
    Awesome guide! Did some things different with my NAND backups though and now it's simple as ever:

- Hex edited poploaders for each firmware since they use different ones. M33-6 uses a renamed and edited popsloader.prx, "emulpsxm33.prx" to look for popsloader files in "emulpsxm33" folder instead of "popsloader" on my memory stick. GEN-B uses a renamed and edited popsloader.prx, "emulpsxgen.prx" to look for popsloader files in "emulpsxgen" folder instead of "popsloader" on my memory stick.

- Hex edited versionspoof to read text files renamed in each firmware. M33-6 has an edited sysconf_spoof.prx to read from firmspoofm33.txt on my memory stick, GEN-B also has an edited sysconf_spoof.prx to read from firmspoofgen.txt on my memory stick. Both reads spoofmac.txt the same way.

- Hex edited CXMB a little different in both firmware backups. M33-6 uses and edited cxmb.prx to use 0500.txt & 0500 folder from memory stick, GEN-B uses an edited cxmb.prx to use 0550.txt & 0550 folder from memory stick.

- BTN files had to be manually edited since both Plugin2Flash0 & Flash Loader both semi-bricked my PSP everytime I tried adding another plugin after flashing one before.

- Categories, CXMB, Dayviewer, Sysconf_Spoof, and Hold+ were flashed into both firmware's flash0

- Only plugins that are in my SEPLUGINS folder now are Custom Firmware Extender, CWCheat, edited popsloader for M33 & GEN, and iRShell Autoboot

Without this tutorial I would've still been reflashing and setting everything back the way I want it to be. Now it's easy as hell by just restoring my custom NANDs

Thanks SchmilK!
    Awesome! Glad to see you understood what was going on!

The 5.50 popsloader, CFExtender, CWCheat all seem to work fine for me in both 5.00 and 5.50.

How can I go from Gen-b to Gen-a I had updated to B right before I tried out the Dual cxmb but i guess i didn't think it through

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo4life View Post
    How can I go from Gen-b to Gen-a I had updated to B right before I tried out the Dual cxmb but i guess i didn't think it through
    haha i did the same, but hellcats recovery doesn't seem to work so i'm guessing the only way atm is pandora.

Hold on I still have a problem I followed everything in the tutorial and when I switch to a m33 ctf it only has the background but not the icons. In USB mode it shows both nandbackups it has 5.00m33.bin and 550gen.bin. Is there a file that I need to startup in order to switch firmwares. Help I want the luxuries of m33 also.

Elite Poster

okay so i need gen now and wala i need this tut only problem is when i test CXMB ( on M33) it won't load. yes i followed what you did exactly and i see whats going on here once i get the CXMB working ill do the same for my other plugins you might also want to include that with some not all you can put them in flash0: and insted of using ms0: use flash0: this is possible for things like vshmenu where it's only needed for m33

EDIT: i got it working windows wasn't saving the vsh as txt but docx, weirdly enough it was a minor office bug
    Last edited by PSPFreak2007; 09-04-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Also known as:
    cryphakon
    badboy.mjk
    kempmjk

VIP Member

Default Here's my test results...

Hi guys with PSP Phats...

This dual boot works with my PHAT PSP running 5.00M33-6 and 5.50GEN-A FULL... DO NOT USE GEN-B!!! Your NAND Manager wont run!!! Good luck!!! 5.50GEN-A FULL for my Madden 2010... 5.00M33-6 for all my Emulators especially NesterJ v1.20 with WiFi Adhoc... Cheers you guys!!! Still wondering when I can play G.I Joe Rise Of The Cobra... Any news anyone with PHATs?

thats awesome, stilll waiting on 5.55 cfw :XxX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast