network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultra Member

Default New PSP firmware 6.30 exploit discovered.

Here's a treat for you guys hoping for another exploit. A Japanese coder by the name of mamosuke has found a hole in a particular UMD (The name of said UMD is not given so Sony cannot patch it).

The following video displays him booting up the exploit. From there you can see a special screen displaying the exploit and credits to the following Coders/Developers.

Here's the developers note for further inquiry:
    • What is this exploit?
      This is a savegame exploit for PSP that works on the latest official firmware.
    • We want to know the name of the game.Tell us plz.
      I can not reveal the name of its game, but now on line with only a video. My exploit in now working on JP version,but in fact, there are another regions of the game so I think it would have a same vulnerability.
    • Only video never show us the proof of anything. Probably FAKE?
      Now I made only a binary loader. If I would say the name of the game, Sony could kill my exploit before I would release anything in the next firmware update.
    • Is yours the same as J416 exploit?
      No. Another one.
    • When will it be released?
      I am going to think it over before releasing from now. But I know that I do not have to make public before getting some results: at least I am not going to release only the “Hello World” like stupid malloxXX who released patapon2 Hello World for the first time in the world. But if Sony would patch my exploit, I would release it.
    • Is there a DEMO version? Can I buy it at PSN?
      I have never seen a demo version which can have a savedata. We can find a downloadable version in PSN but I tried my exploit on my PSP go, it froze after reading a savedata.

So there you have it. What are your thoughts? Is this the real deal, or another fake? Will we see a potential 6.30 CFW? I for one am intrigued.

Source [Gamegaz]

Seems to be real. But I don't see the point of releasing it after Sony patches it...

Ultra Member

Seeing as mamosuke has a UMD, as long as you don't update, you should be able it use it.

XMB Creator

I seen this like 2 weeks ago, a little old, but i believe its legit the only problem is even if it was used for something it would only be good for downgrading. In firmware 6.10 Sony changed up the whole inner workings of the PSP. Just like they did when switching from 1.5/2.0 OFW to 3.0/3.5 OFW. in short meaning all our lovely homebrews and Prx's out would need to be recompiled and adapted to the new route line, CFW 6.30 would only be good for playing ISO/CSO until homebrews dev. updated their work

Spotter got spotted!

Interesting. I don't know whether to believe it's real or not. Apparently the exploit makes it impossible to load save files after loading it until you reset the PSP? I hope a kernel mode exploit (I think that's what it's called anyway) is found. More exploits are coming up now. Hopefully owners of TA-088v3 mobo's on the latest OFW will finally be able to enjoy CFW.

XMB Creator

Speak of the devil!! look what just was announced 13 minutes ago lol

PS3 FW 3.41 is live, PSP FW 6.31 also coming

"In case you haven't heard or turned your PS3 on yet, Sony has announced firmware updates for both the PS3 and PSP.

PS3 FW 3.41 is mandatory so you'll be prompted to update when you try to log in to the PlayStation Network. It's live now and adds a new “You May Like” recommendations section on the right-hand side of the Store. And... that's it, or so says the US PS blog.

The PSP update, FW 6.31, is also coming and adds more of those system software stability upgrades Sony loves so much."

Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on format under" GAME". But The update is made to patch the patapon half byte loader. ITS GOING TO BE A GAY UPDAT!!!
    XBOX 360 ControllersXbox 360 Wired Controller

Default How can I get a psp emulator and games for it to play on my computer?

I want to get an psp emulator and games for it for my computer because I can't get a psp for right now. I want to know where i can get it for free online and how to work it. I don't mean an emulator for the psp I mean an emulator for the computer to play psp games like how they have the visual gameboy for the comp. I have windows xp. Someone please help.