network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultra Member

Default Half Byte Loader being ported to OFW 6.30

More greats rolling in from the homebrew scene.

J416, a coder from the homebrew scene, has begun porting the Half Byte Loader, which is a homebrew loader from OFW 6.20, to 6.30. Now don't go partying yet, because it is far from complete.

A video displaying the loader in action was released on J416's youtube page. The video is below:

Here's what Wololo, the creator of Half Byte Loader, has to say about this news:

Mamosuke just informed me that coder J416 started porting Half Byte Loader to firmware 6.30, based on his game exploit previously found on 6.30.

Before you get your hopes too high:
    - I haven’t tested this and I don’t know the name of the game, but I trust mamosuke (and therefore J416 as well), so I know this is real

- This is still work in progress and might take a few weeks before it is usable

- This relies on a game exploit, which is not a Demo. It means that people would have to buy that game, and additionally, it will most likely be patched very quick on the PSN, so interest is limited for PSP Go owners (although rumors say that a solution exist against Sony patching their games on the PSN)

To mamosuke and J416: Good luck guys, you know my email address if you need help on this. Also, please keep in mind that HBL is GPL, so if you release this, we’ll be expecting the sources as well
    And as we all know, the new PSP OFW 6.31 is coming out very soon, will this loader get patched by Sony? How long do you think this will take? And most importantly, what homebrew will you be putting on it when it comes out? As always, leave a comment below!
    Last edited by Dripz167; 07-28-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Well sony failed on keeping the Psp GO unhackable because it got hacked within a week so Sony might have sum delays on patching this if it gets out. On the other hand tho Sony is pretty fast sumtimes in patching/removing stuff, for example the "Other OS" option on the ps3 lol (they didnt want that to lead to pirating games eventually etc. lmao) so if it affects there money they might be real quick in this situation

xD Lu Bu Jx

PsPs n' Ps3's RoCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn Dripz. You're becoming quite the anchorman. I think Wololo should release the source code to HBL. I wanna have a look at it.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Babcock View Post
    Damn Dripz. You're becoming quite the anchorman. I think Wololo should release the source code to HBL. I wanna have a look at it.
    HBL source code is GPL, therefore it is open source. Look here
    for the HBL source code.
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.

Wut?

This is great for honeydew users, not so great for themers.
    ^lol at iPhone spell correct^
    I meant homebrew.

Spotter got spotted!

Lol Bolt. I'm on my iPod touch now!
    Lots of good news for the homebrew community now! If there really are 2 or 3 exploits that work on current OFW's, it shouldn't be too long before a HEN or CFW installer comes out. I may not be depending on HBL myself, since I'm lucky enough to have a phat PSP and a pandora battery, but I know some people are stuck on 6.30 looking for a way to load homebrew. Good luck J416

Elite Poster

Great job, Dripz.

Quote Originally Posted by Junya8971 View Post
    HBL source code is GPL, therefore it is open source. Look here
    for the HBL source code.
    Thanks for the link. How the hell could you program a PSP in Assembly?

Spam Buster

if you know the lingo, it's easy I guess
    Honey Badger don't give a sh*t!

Spot Veteran

Hell yeah!
    Now the scene is making some progress