+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dito (Too short)

▂▂▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ M H lM Hkr █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂▂▂

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▼▲▼
    M ߥk_ - h r & HM
    ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▼▲▼

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Well SONY should wait a little longer cause they did just infact release the Go not too long ago. They just have to stop making crappy makeovers, and leave their last PSP Version as the PSP Go as is. Give it another year or two at most and then release a PSP2. It will give them a fresh start on the handheld battle and give them more time for ideas from its costumers as to what we want in the PSP2. They really have to incorporate the two Analog Sticks and maybe a Friends list and ability to use your PSN Account on your PSP and PS3 at the same time. I have more ideas, but those are the main features I want. Oh and ability to play some PSN Games (the ones that don't require the L2/3 and R2/3) from the PS3 on the PSP2 via RemotePlay, that would be awesome.

If they were to release one just to "compete" with Nintendo's 3DS, it would be premature and prolly wouldn't stand a chance at first so they will be losing in the beginning. Then I'm sure exploits will arise and break the PSP2 apart like all the piracy has done on the PSP.

Sessler is right as to what he says, but to us consumers we see it as "Demand & Supply". We demand it and want Sony to supply it, only for it to fail as bad as the PSP Go.

Retired

Why not just use the same release scheme with PSP's as they do with PS3's?

Or do it the way Apple does with releases. A certain time of year for each product. (though no annual console release, and no leaks, lol)

The PSPGo was doomed from the start considering they could have incorporated more to it like independent internet and a better processor, ram, the list goes on and on but my point is simply that the system isn't meeting the growing technology of hardware that's being introduced by cell phone companies and hand helds such as Ipad/phone.

The system could handle a complete over haul as far as hard ware goes to give customers a system that would omit the rest of the junk flooding the market, I can see holding back to insure sales of a previous system with the hopes they make more knowing the investment capital quota has already been meet like the PS2, everything sold for that system including the system it's self is pure profit because investors in the development of the system have long ago seen their last check.

Give the PSP a boast by making the ultimate system, 2ghz processor or better (Cells have it why not?) a gig of ram or more, 32 gig internal with the option to upgrade, blue tooth, built in wireless card (29.99 a month paid to sony for unlimited network) and cell market, ( Imagine the PSP2 running Android market right?) If you think about everything there and include some kind of package you can cut out all development in all of the previous systems and still turn a hefty profit and still have more to earn with in programming. ( I was thinking of some of the fun we in this community could have with a system like that too lmao)

Sorry about the booklet but in short, It's a good idea all around for everyone.

The only way Sony would be able to compete against another DS (although both handhelds have a different fan base) would be to make the PSP 2 a touch-screen (plus gaming buttons), eBook reader, gaming platform hybrid and sell it all for under 200 bucks! It's going to be hard outselling the Nintendo DS considering it targets consumers who are somewhat on the young side.

We'll see what Sony decides and hope they make the right decision and put a competitive product out in the market (unlike the Go ).

Let's look at the facts... The PSP was released in Japan on December 12, 2004, in North America on March 24, 2005, and in the PAL region on September 1, 2005. During that span of time to current.. Nintendo has released Nintendo DS hardware (DS and DS lite) the DSi and DSiXL. and NOW is releasing the 3DS in a few months. Again in that time, SONY released four (4) generations of the PSP. Some were major improvements over the predecessor, while one was just a moment in de-evolution. The truth is the PSP was successful for a while but after the negative stigma given to 3rd party publishers and even some of SONY's own studios, Good quality games have become some what scarce. The limitations on the PSP are now very apparent. The PSP Go was just a night mare (personally why make a console where the previous games aren't compatible unless you PAY FOR A DIGITAL COPY, while screwing the customer again is beyond my understanding).

A New PSP is well over due. The system needs to be even more powerful then the current and be accessible to the options in technology we have all become accustomed to. Not to mention releasing something that will relaunch the Hand held market for the more adult market that is the PSP. Seriously you think DS you see mario as a handlend. if you were to think PSP I personally see Tekken on the go and God of War. There are a HUGE amount of games that are release in Japan that aren't even going get the light of day here.. but if they were to create a new console, filled with all the things/options/enhancements that were missing from the current and previous while making it that breath of fresh air that is needed in the brand.... then maybe.. JUST Maybe we'll have something with paying 2 to $300 for.

Imagine a handheld that could play your PS2 library... not ports but actually run your PS2 games while still giving you the option to play your old PSone games. Heck if I could play Kingom Hearts (1 and 2), Finalfantasy (X & XII), Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga (1 and 2) on the go I would be amazed. and every fighter rever released on the console... ON the new PSP. that is already worth the price of admission.

There really isn't anything special coming out of the camps beyond their Pseudo Wii add-ons. sure there are a few 3rd party games coming to every console on the planet, and a few exclusives.. but really NOTHING that made me excited about the coming holiday season and leading to the Q4 to Q1 gap.

The time for SONY to reach out to it's father (Ken Kutaragi) and rethink what the hand held's goal and market should be is NOW.

your thoughts are welcomed..

Errh, nintendo do try to invent something new, if it's good or not.
    the only reason i kinda respect sony, is that, there all about the best of quality. This , i think sells them. with me on my Xbox, i care about having a laugh, on my wii, i care about playing with my family. i go on my PS3, my jaw drops... everything is is amazing quality, and it never fails, despite what ever i chuck at it.
    i think the PSP is old...too old. and a new PSN update will never get the users, Sony needs. A new PSP (Not Another update) is what the PLAY franchise needs in my opinion. the PSP, doesn't need touch screen, surround sound system, or any frustrating Motion sensors. it needs, a Killer Quality HD display, a Kickass Processor, and a Cramp free Button Configuration (TWO THUMB STICKS!).
    an iphone 4 is less about 50% thinner then my PSP and it have 3X as fast processor. thus More Developers, thus more custom, thus bigger NET profits,
    Thus, Happy Children, Thus Evil space monkey aliens will take over the world, Thus, we can all go home, Capeesh?

The reason why the PSP failed so epically to Nintendo is because Sony had hardly any support. While Nintendo was rolling out title after title each quarter, Sony only put out just a small handful, and more of the same was being produced in a better version with the DS. I don't think it would be a good idea if Sony made a PSP2 and try to come with the same marketing type of attitude they came with the first 4 PSPs. I think alot of what was done was because of the homebrew scene involved with the PSP. Nintendo would have double the amount of good solid titles of what Sony had. We all knew the PSP is a much stronger system, but Sony's lack of support for the console is what killed it anyway. Shoot, the only reason anyone buys a PSP anymore is for the Metal Gear titles, and to run some kind of homebrew on it, not for the other nonexistant titles for it.

Wll, why do you think Sony is losing money in PSP's? Its because of the hackers and the people that download ilegal games what makes SOny lose money, people now dont buy the games they just DL them.
    But in my opinion The PSP IS FAR BETTER THAN stupid DS, so PSP FTW and no more HACKING!!! Unless PSP games dont go cheap they r going to continue hacking...

Quote Originally Posted by Camperer View Post
    Wll, why do you think Sony is losing money in PSP's? Its because of the hackers and the people that download ilegal games what makes SOny lose money, people now dont buy the games they just DL them.
    But in my opinion The PSP IS FAR BETTER THAN stupid DS, so PSP FTW and no more HACKING!!! Unless PSP games dont go cheap they r going to continue hacking...
    Sony loses less from hackers than you think. Sony is losing the handheld race because they can't hold a candle to the releases Nintendo has for the DS. Its almost a 3:1 ratio.