network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ultra Member

Default [Tutorial] Converting F0 themes to CTF. Updated 10/29/08 CXMB PAck for 500 added

***Tutorial on How to make CTF with the CXMB(Full Version)***

1) Make sure you have the FULL version of CXMB installed. Also make sure you have the
    following inside the CXMB folder: 1 support folder which has the decrypted prx`s(common_gui.prx,
    paf.prx, & vshmain.prx) inside, 1 file called cxmb.prx, and a text file which reads "CONF.TXT".
    If you have the CXMB installed and enabled then you are ready to convert the F0 themes to CTFs.
    See the screenshots below:

2) Now you need to make a PTF file using the Theme Converter v1.0.0.0. 1st get a wallpaper which is
    in 480x272, 24Bit true color, BMP format. 2nd you need to get an Icon file which is in16x16,
    256 colors, PNG format(Use PNG for PTF to convert to 256 colors) and 3rd you need a Preview
    file which is in 300x170, 24Bit true color, BMP format. See the previews below:

3) Now you get the F0 theme you want to convert to CTF and you put these folders inside the CXMB
    folder: vsh folder, font folder(if there is one), & you need a PTF file which consists of the preview
    image and a preview icon. Then you open the CONF.TXT file with a notepad and type in the name of
    the PTF file like this: /PSP/THEME/xxxxxxxxxxxx.ctf the xxx is the PTF file name. If the PTF file
    name and xxx.ctf file name don`t match your theme will not get converted to CTF.
    See the screenshots below:

4) Once you finish this, all you have to do is restart your PSP by going to the vsh menu and hit reset.
    Your PSP lamp will flash for awhile and when it`s done you will see the theme you converted to CTF!
    And you will find the CTF file you made in the PSP/THEMES folder.

This is what I do when I convert the F0 themes to CTF. I hope this helps everyone. If there is anything
    that I`m missing let me know and I will add to this tutorial. Also make sure you are converting the theme for the CFW version you are using.

Thanx to:
    Richie & ads1212-For bringing up the screenshot issue.
    osnap1584-For bringing up the image sizes and Theme Converter issues.

Here are the files all in one package to do all this.

CXMB Pack for 500 M33
    It Includes:
    -CXMB 3.3
    -Theme Converter v1.4.0.0
    -PNG for PTF
    -New-RSPsar Dumper for 5.00
    Download link here:CXMB Pack for 5.00

For those still on 4.01M33

Download link here:CXMB Pack for 4.01

The PRXs are not included in the package so if you need the decrypted PRXs PM me.
    Please be specific on what CFW you are on.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆
    Last edited by Junya8971; 01-12-2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Update
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.

Banned

hey i am a noob at this so can u have screenshots,i am better with vizulizing not reading it

Ultra Member

I have already seen a few tutorials, but well done on taking the time. Add some screenies and it will be much more helpful.

Death to Jonas Bros.

I would add the dimensions needed for the ptf as well as the file types. 16X16 256 colors png for thumbnail. 300x170 24 bit bmp for the screenshot and a 480x272 24 bit bmp for the wallpaper. Also themes that run on a high res bg and wave remember to change it to january or something. I don't know just throwing ideas and add some links to the files.

Click on Sig to View My Deviant Art Page.

Ultra Member

Thanx for the comments. I will update as soon as I have time. I am doing this at work so I am pretty limited in time. I haven`t seen a tutorial on actually making the CTF with the PSP so I thought why not make one for everyone to see. If anyone has any other ideas and so on just let me know and I will add to the tutorial and will throw in a thanx for all those who help me out on this.

Death to Jonas Bros.

there are tons just not in cs. 2alien where poison is admin, matchung made a great guide on how to create one. Also the custom theme convert program should be v1.0.0.0 cause apparently 1.2.0.0 might cause corrupt icons(what matchung stated).
    Last edited by osnap1584; 06-09-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by osnap1584 View Post
    there are tons just not in cs. 2alien where poison is admin, matchung made a great guide on how to create one. Also the custom theme convert program should be v1.0.0.0 cause apparently 1.2.0.0 might cause corrupt icons(what matchung stated).
    Thanx for pointing that out! I tried to find one here but as you stated there are none so I figured why not make one. I have a bunch of screenshots for this tutorial but does anyone know a good image size I should use to post here? Thanx!!

Spot Veteran

I just want to clarify something. I have been converting Flash theme files to CTF (with my own coldboot, gameboot and sometimes wallpaper) for some time now but I'm just using the PTF generated by UNCTF from CTF files that come with it, or I just use any PTF file I find. It still works but the preview in the Theme Settings will be different, of course.

With regard to Step number 2. How will I make a PTF which will make the preview in the Theme Settings exactly with my wallpaper?

Click this DRAGON, please, to awaken it.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by deobulakenyo View Post
    I just want to clarify something. I have been converting Flash theme files to CTF (with my own coldboot, gameboot and sometimes wallpaper) for some time now but I'm just using the PTF generated by UNCTF from CTF files that come with it, or I just use any PTF file I find. It still works but the preview in the Theme Settings will be different, of course.

With regard to Step number 2. How will I make a PTF which will make the preview in the Theme Settings exactly with my wallpaper?
    I do what you do also when I want to change a gameboot. This tutorial is basically for those who want to create the CTF from F0 theme files. Also if you want to change the Preview Icon or Preview image I would use this tutorial. But to use the wallpaper your are using for the preview just use that wallpaper for the preview image(resize it to 300x170, 24Bit true color, BMP format) and use the rest of the steps when you create a PTF with the Theme Converter. This way you can use the wallpaper for the preview image. I hope this helped you out. Sorry I am not very good at explaining

Death to Jonas Bros.

usually I would use photoshop to resize my thumbnail save it and use mspaint to save it as a 256 colors bmp then save it as a png. Saving it as an 8 bit png in photoshop kills the quality of the thumbnail and makes it look like crap if you ever noticed. Tutorial should be stickied as you have added images and links. Nice job. :up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast