network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default [Tutorial] How to make gameboots and cintros

This tutorial is to help those who would like to create there own gameboots and cintros. I've tried a couple of methods now and this seems to be the easiest so thanks goes out to mmmmm for his help.

There are links supplied to most of the things you'll need

Things you'll need:

FLV converter Download Here

TMPGenc 3.0 Xpress Download Here

Find yourself it's illeagal to post links to this (but if you can find iso's you can find this).

For gameboots MPStoPMF Download Here

For CIntro PMFCreator Download Here

Mpeg encoder Download Here

First step: Preparing your source

If you've downloaded from youtube etc use the flv converter to convert to what format you want (i convert to mpeg) while here you can change the fps to 29.97 and the resolution to 480x472 then convert. If your using an avi or other video source skip this step.

Now you have a good source open TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress and click start new project and add the source you want to use (avi, mpeg etc). Click on cut-edit and select the start and end frame you desire (if your using the whole thing skip this step). Now click on filter and you can crop your image if desired or if you haven't previously set the resoloution using flv converter click resize, image position centre then enter 480 x 272 and click ok.

Now press the set output tab and select avi output and press select. If it's not already preset change the size to 480x272 and fps to 29.97 progressive in the settings box and make sure the audio is set to 44100Hz stereo. Hit the encode tab and select where you want it saved eg desktop then press start output once finished you will have an avi of the gameboot/cintro you want.

Note: If you have any problems with TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress freezing or not doing the whole cintro/gameboot then run your mpeg through the imtoo mpeg encoder first and dont forget to make sure that when you do you set the video size at 480x272.

Second step: Changing to mps format using umd tools

Start the UMD stream composer and select new and enter a clip name and project name and click next to go to the clip settings screen. Check the PSP Movie Format (for game) box and click finish. Now click on video source and click on open in the popup and find the source you prepared earlier then click ok to return to the main window. Click on run on the menu bar and select Encode and Multiplex and when finished click close and exit the program.

Final step: converting from mps to pmf

For gameboots:

Browse to your stream composer output folder (probably at C:/Documents and Settings/My Documents/UmdStreamComposer/MuxWork) and copy 00001.MPS from UmdStreamComposer/MuxWork/name you gave it in stream composer/00001 to the MPStoPMF/gameboot folder you downloaded then double click Gameboot Converter and you will now have a 00001 pmf file, rename it to gameboot and flash it to your psp.

For cintro:

Open the pmf creater folder you downloaded and run pmfcreater.exe then browse to your 00001.MPS you created with stream composer then browse to a save location and enter intro as a file name and click save. You now need to enter the total time length of your cintro in minutes and seconds (note: you can only use whole seconds so if your intro is 35.4 seconds call it 36 seconds. Press the convert button and a confirmation message will pop up when its done and copy the intro.pmf to your psp/system/intro folder.
    Last edited by scouse; 09-19-2008 at 05:29 PM.

I DONT do Gameboots or Cintros anymore so please dont PM asking for them.

Why am I not a MOD?!

Nice guide. Might try it out. Thanks M8::

Elite Poster

thanks for the great tutorials...

Black(FAT)
    PSP LiFe: 3.10 --> Pandora's battery --> 1.50 --> 3.52 m33 --> 3.52 m33-4 --> U.P.M.S Emerald --> 3.71 m33-4 (addon kernel 150-2)
    Second Black(FAT)
    PSP LiFe: 3.71 m33-3 --> Pandora's battery --> 1.50 --> 3.52 m33 --> 3.52 m33-4 --> U.P.M.S Emerald --> 3.71 m33-4 (addon kernel 150-2)

PSP Slim(Facilia Blue)
    PSP life: 3.80m33 --> Pandora's Battery --> 3.90m33-3--> 5.00m33-3

nice tut. i have made a lot of gameboots b4 but then installed vista on my pc and the tools didnt work on vista now i got a laptop and tried to open umd tools on win xp black edition. i got this error. "This DirectDraw device does not support overlays. The veiwer will now be disabled" im using an evo n1000v notebook. i really need help.

Elite Poster

yes...albeit umd tools doesnt work on vista for some abstract reason

WII friend code:4112-2933-5787-0750

SSBB number:3265-4748-5144

omg not working in vista please confirm @ topic starter...

Default cintro roblems

I followed the tutorial but when I start up my psp my cintro doesnt play, just goes to a black screen. Other cintros play fine with no problems, just having problems with the ones i make

MR.SIR either you've missed a step in which case try again or your cintro isn't set-up right so make sure you've followed this guide for playing cintros [Tutorial] Flash free cintro and gameboots

I DONT do Gameboots or Cintros anymore so please dont PM asking for them.

If i replace the intro.pmf i made with another one for example the one that come with applecore then it'll play just fine

XMB Creator

hmmm...cool guide thnx pal....i think i must give it a hand..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast