network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Help editing a theme battery icon.

I need some help editing a theme in particular the battery icon. I'm making my own theme by editing multiple ctf themes together into one and I need some help with the battery icon. I'm trying to use just the battery icon from the simplistic theme. I replaced the battery icon with the simplistic battery icon and the black transparent bar shows up everytime. It doesn't seem to involve the battery shadow as I would have originally thought. So I need help to get just the battery icon to show up in my theme and not the transparent bar that seems to be part of the battery icon.

Here is a picture for reference. http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3...0624164650.png

Super Moderator

hmm.. I don't quite understand what you mean by the "black transparent bar" the whole top bar IS the battery icon.. no battery shadow was added to that theme.

Do you want to remove the bar? Because if that's the situation you'll have to edit the image in photoshop. But if that was the case, my suggestion would be to remake the whole battery icon (editing that image will be difficult with the glows it has (makes it harder to crop)).

..trust me I should know I made that theme from scratch, contrary to what some sites say that some chinese dude made it. lol
    Last edited by Dmise; 07-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.

OK thanks for clearing it up Dmise. I thought that getting just the battery icon (the bar and the energy level in the corner) to show up wouldn't be that complicated. I guess it's just out of my league unless someone else can do it (sigh). Love the theme btw Dmise in particular the awesome battery icon. I'll just have to use a different battery icon for my theme. Does anyone know a battery icon that's similar to the simplistic one that's in 5.00 m33 ctf form?

Super Moderator

Yeah, sorry about that I wish I could of made the image simpler to edit but back in those days I loved to add glows to my icons. lol

anyways, good luck with your theme. If you ever finish it post it in the themes section, if it's good enough we could feature it on the front page.

For editing in it you have to simply required a knowledge of any image editing software. Using it you can made any simple change very easily and that's the way for doing it.