network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ultra Member

Default Sonic Makes A Comeback To 2D In New, HD Game

Sega has just revealed a tease for their brand new game featuring the one and only hedgehog, Sonic. For years we've been treated with, mostly, some not so great Sonic games and finally it appears Sega has listened to their fans. The game, currently titled "Project Needlemouse", is going to bring back Sonic to the way the fans have been begging for years now, and that is in its classic 2D style.

"Old-school Sonic fans have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay. Many liked the daytime stages in Unleashed, but wanted to see a game that plays purely similar to the early games of the Genesis," says Sega’s Ken Ballough, "Project Needlemouse is that critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots."

As the trailer says "Speed returns, in an all new 2D adventure built from the ground up," and additionally Ken Ballough confirming, this will indeed be a brand new game and not a remake of one of the older titles. Although no word was given on which platforms the game would arrive in, we can assure it to be on those with HD support as Ken said, "it’s a brand new 2D adventure coming out in 2010, it’s in HD, and to definitely stay tuned."

Oh, and tuned we shall be, Mr. Ballough. Check out the teaser trailer below — featuring the old-school "SEGA!" chorus — and let us know what you think; Sonic fans, is this game announcement worth hoping for?

[via GameSpot]

Ultra Member

Finally! It took Sega long enough. I have both the next gen sonic games on my ps3, but I only liked Sonic Unleashed. I glad they're bringing it back to it's side-scrolling roots.

Thanks for posting Peza.

Minister of Magic
    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

the image that popped out in my head while watching the video was like a

"fast paced little big planet"

imagine sack boy with a sonic costume. jumping, running at amazing speed while collecting shiny,spinning golden rings.

can't wait for this one.

News Poster

It's about time !

Can't wait for this one

Sig by Mr_Nick666

i agree with Mr. Shizzy it's about time the best sonic games were on genesis/megadrive i'm glad sonic is going to be 2D again i hate all the other sonic games in 3D except for the old one on megadrive also

sIgMaKeR

wow so sega wasnt really sleeping on us...yea!!

Taking sig requests

I ♥ Misa Campo

I didnt like the next gen ones except superstars tennis but that wasnt exactly a sonic game. But its good to see well be getting back to good old 2D.

FINALLY! i cant wait to see some gameplay :P
    but i hope it doesnt come out late 2010...

lol im 18 now and i remember those sega genesis days i still have mine i cant through it away knowing its an antique i love sonic hes my favorite video game mascot and i played every one of his games even though they sucked right after sonic adventure 2 battle but its nice to know that sega is deciding to bring back sonic in its true form. Forever 90's

Ultra Member

Sonic sucked after my learned to talk, I'm talking about the games, not the tv show.