network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread

Default Sega goes back to making consoles

It appears that Sega has successfully kept itself under the radar about their plans of going back to manufacturing consoles. Electronic news blog Pocket-Lint provides us what looks like Sega's new console.

This new Console is called the Sega Zone, and it will be shipped out with 20 classic Sega titles, plus an additional 30 more for your enjoyment. 16 of these classics will be motion-controlled. With that being said there must be motion controllers, we'll the console also comes with those, the Sega Zone will come with two Wiimote-lookalike controllers, that are said to function pretty much the same as a regular Wiimote.

While yes, this is a legit console. It does not appear to be an entry into the 7th gen world of consoles. From what the pictures suggests, the Sega Zone will come in two colors, White with Blue and Black with Green. The Sega Zone is set to launch this summer, priced at about £50 (Thats around US$ 80.)

Source: [Qj.net]
    ~-Recent Work-~

~-Favorite Piece-~

__________________________________________________ _________

M-M-M Monster Member

oh great lol
    it looks like a wii system
    but oh hey, look at the price

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by MJaj13 View Post
    oh great lol
    it looks like a wii system
    but oh hey, look at the price
    I agree! Looks TOO MUCH LIKE THE WII in my opinion. What happened to originality? It looks like a " Let`s copy the Wii and maybe we can make some bucks" scene. Sad to see................... Sega can do better than that, wait, maybe they can`t.
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.

Well, for the price you really can't argue. I mean it comes with 50 games, for $80. Can't get better than that.
    ~-Recent Work-~

~-Favorite Piece-~

__________________________________________________ _________

I <3 Big Boobies

I don't think is a console. Is more like a plug and play kinda thing. But still looks good, Fair price for that many classic games.

PSN: DeadlyGmn

That has "FAIL" written all over it. I hated Sega's old consoles. If it comes with 50 games, and is still $80, then chances are it plays like crap. Plus SEGA sold out a while ago. Letting Sonic play on a Game Boy is like giving Nintendo LBP. If you have a great mascot, a great recognizable character that represents your company, keep it.

Look at that thing!

•PSP Addict™•

Quote Originally Posted by Gman17 View Post
    I don't think is a console. Is more like a plug and play kinda thing. But still looks good, Fair price for that many classic games.
    Yay you read the box

Spam Buster

looks low-budget/cheap and tacky...
    Honey Badger don't give a sh*t!