network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread

Default First glimpse at The Secret World, more to be shown at GDC

Funcom has has revealed the first bit of in-game footage from its upcoming title for the PC and XBOX 360 MMORPG, The Secret World. The video provided gives a glimpse of what to expect when you enter the town of Kingsmouth, a town populated by the living dead and possibly, even more unsightly things hidden in the fog.

With this new video being released, Funcom's Erling Ellingsen has announced that they do have plans to reveal more game-play footage this year at GDC.

“The video consists entirely of in-game footage, except for the obvious color modifications and distortion effects,” said Funcom’s Erling Ellingsen. “One of the reasons why we have chosen to reveal the footage in this unique way is because we are saving the undistorted, full color in-game footage for the Game Developer Conference in March”.
    “Our plan right now is to showcase actual gameplay for the first time ever to the media at GDC, as well as releasing all-new footage to the public at the same time. Of course, much can happen before March and some of the gamers out there might want to keep their tin foil hats on and their eyes keenly open for more mysterious clues to appear.”
    Funcom’s offering the chance to win access to The Secret World’s beta on the game’s official site.

If you are wanting to get an early look, you need to take a test to see which of the MMO's secret societies best fits your personality.

You will not leave empty handed, for your efforts you will get some nice wallpapers and a logo via email, as well as a shot at a beta key.

Source: [Qj.net]
    Last edited by MercY; 02-03-2010 at 12:26 AM.
    ~-Recent Work-~

~-Favorite Piece-~

__________________________________________________ _________

Ultra Member

looks like a mix of mw2, brothers in arms hells highway and left for dead 2 and kinda like gta IV

Or just Silent Hill.
    ~-Recent Work-~

~-Favorite Piece-~

__________________________________________________ _________

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by tjones436 View Post
    looks like a mix of mw2, brothers in arms hells highway and left for dead 2 and kinda like gta IV
    IDK how you get MW2, Brothers In Arms, Left 4 Dead 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV?

It looks nothing like those and it doesn't even show gameplay, just some little video clips from security cameras from the game...

Your one special kid...

Now this is another trailer for the game. Now tell me again why it looks like MW2, Brothers In Arms, Left 4 Dead 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo9891 View Post
    IDK how you get MW2, Brothers In Arms, Left 4 Dead 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV?

It looks nothing like those and it doesn't even show gameplay, just some little video clips from security cameras from the game...
    Word, I was thinkin' the same thing. The only game it remotely looks like (From that video), is silent hill.

I don't see sex, drugs, and gangs.

RPG's or spawn points.

Or anybody (alive)

Spot Veteran

wouldnt this be considered the 2nd glimpse or something.. unless your talking about In-game footage... because there has already been a trailer and a couple of screenshots for the game... but oh well. doesnt really matter. I cant wait to try this game. and Huxley too... i hate it when games take forever... D':

Wanna request a sig click the [X]