network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread
    Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Default [News] NBA Jam Is Coming

Ok well we all have heard about the new NBA Jam thats supposed to be released on the PSN Store, XBLA and even make its way to the Nintendo Wii on disk called NBA Jam: Remix Tour. I know most of you are hyped up about this one cause I am... or was.

Now don't get too crazy about this game unless you are getting EA's new NBA Elite. The reason? Only the people who buy, new and not used, will have a voucher code to download NBA Jam... a Demo of it. Yes that's right, its only a Demo but from what Jordan Edelstein said, "it's a good portion of it."

The Wii on the other hand will get the FULL experience of NBA Jam but the game may come out later than NBA Elite.

Here is what Jordan Edelstein had to say about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Edelstein
    Explained Jordan Edelstein to ESPN, "We're still holding back the Remix Tour for the Wii consumer, and that's about 20 hours of gameplay. But for the PS3 and 360, we want to people to try Elite. We feel like NBA Elite 11 is a great product and we want people to give it a chance and see all the changes we're making. So as a way to say thanks to these peole, we are going to let them experience Jam. It's not the full product, but it's a good portion of it."

So just to make things clear, NBA Jam is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360, but it will NOT be sold on either the PSN or XBL. "If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up Elite, you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."
    This has to be a bad move on EA's part. Why would the force their costumers to buy a game just for a demo of the game they really want? Is that smart marketing or dumb marketing? I think its dumb cause I really don't like NBA games like 2K or EA a.k.a Live, but I loved the old NBA Jam for Sega Genisis and would spend the money to buy the new NBA Jam if it was on the PSN Store.

I am really awaiting for NBA Jam. I have heard lots of about this, so my interest for this is increased so much. NBA Jam I want to just try the demo so know more about it.