network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Resident Evil 4 - Review

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Review

I recently got bought this game for good GCSE results in my German and Media exams, so now i am gonna review it.

This game has been voted the best game ever released on the Playstation 2, so i thought, 'well, the Wii can only make it better? Right?' and i was right...

You play as Leon Kennedy, an agent that is trying to get news of where the Presidents Daughter has gotten missing to...

The first impression of this game was definitely a good one, you are walking through dark woods, towards a house, where you are seeking information about the presidents daughter, a man inside the house answers you in complete gibberish, and launches at you with an axe, can't get a better first impression then that can you?

The first part is more of a tutorial, he comes at you slowly with the axe, and you have to shoot him dead with 3 bullets, just teaching you the basics of shooting

The graphics of this game are fantastic, the best i have seen from any Wii game, although the above picture doesn't capture it very well, but the graphics truly are astounding. I am not exaggerating when i say that this game could have easily made it onto the 360 with the graphics that it has. The sound effects are eerie, and god damn terrifying... playing the game first time scared the absolute crap outta me! But that's a good thing... right?

The controls in this game are amongst the best i have seen from any Wii game, you use the Nunchuk as standard to control the player, and you point the Wiimote at the screen for aiming, it's exactly like playing House of the Dead in an arcade but with better graphics and being in the comfort of my own home. When using the knife, you make a slashing motion with the Wiimote making the player slash the knife, if that isn't great controls then i don't know what is... and if you were asking the same question as me, 'the Wii can only make it better, can't it?' the your answer is here in the paragraph, Yes, it does...

Two years later, Capcom's survival horror sequel still impresses. 9/10 - IGN Reviews
    Before i give you my overall rating, i would like to say that, i am going to rate it in the eyes of someone that loves these types of games, all of the above is by me personally (which shows how really good it is) but i will rate it now as i would... anyway

Ratings

Overall
    Game Play

Controls

Sound/Graphics

Conclusion

If you are a fan of this type of game... GET IT!
    It's the best game i have seen out to date, and it's not even my type of game!

Edit:
    I was playing this all morning! I finally got into it, it's difficult bt well worth every penny! A great buy!

sbarkeri and rhinos and jazzer15 are the best!

I agree the game rocks. But it's very hard. I've had it for a year and still haven't beat it.

My Review is a 9/10. becuase there are to many puzzles and its pretty hard. Although it is an AWSOME GAME. YOU MUST BUY!
    < Creds for pic go to Deathdealer.

hahaha! dude this game is not hard...i have beated it like 5 times and now im doing it on proffesional to get the third custom clothes (ashley with an armor) sounds funny hehe.But what is realy hard is doing it with ADA (separate ways) i mean doing it getting all the treasures and all of course..but this game is rocks!! hehe good luck

nice post... great review.. thanks for the share!
    denice

News Poster

The word Wii looks out of place on that cover :l

Good review, it's to bad I could never get into the game.

Send me a PM if you have any news.

this game scares the shit out of me and resident evil 5 focuses on action but its fun as hell

I played this game with wiizapper and its help much for accurate the shot.. yeah, RE4: wii edition great.

i've played this game on the ps3 and it is awesome!!! i just got it for the wii because of the controls and i have to say, the controls that the wii has for the game make it sooo much better!!!! RE4 is the best!!

it was one of the greatest works to come from the last generation of console hardware, critically regarded as the definitive entry in Capcom's Resident Evil series. But the Wii Remote has changed the boundaries of what's possible in games, moving Capcom to sense an opportunity and pounce.

It's and really cool and scary GAMES IN MY LIFE!