network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Super Mario World (VC) - Review

:Mario: Super Mario World Review :Mario:

I would firstly like to say before i review the game, that, in my own personal opinion, that this is one of the best Mario games to date, and is one to be admired

This game was originally on the SNES, but moved onto other platforms later on... it is also available on the VC, for anyone wanting this after reading the review... of course, this is just an opinion, but if i could ask all that read this, to post your views, to help people complete their decision in buying this great game.

I bought this game on the VC as i have played it in the past at various places, and i have to say, it's one of the best games i have played...

The main character is the character we all know and love... the tubby plumber, Mario, of course, we all know about him, so there's no much point explaining.

This game differs very much from the previous Mario games, i think that the graphics have been upgraded massively, giving the game a more enjoyable and attractive look...
    There are many features and things that weren't in the previous Mario games. There are more power-ups, such as Mushroom, Feather, and Flower... the feather (cape) cna be used in many different ways and also helps you get to areas inaccessible to the normal Small/Big Mario and the Flower Power Mario, in the previous games, you could get flowers, which give you the ability to shoot fireballs, this was also available on the previous Mario games.

This game also allows you to think more, there are more short-cuts, secret areas etc.
    This game also has more enemies, such as the Football Player

The graphics are of an acceptable standard for an SNES game, and are very much acceptable as a game to play nowadays, and for people that disagree, the fun factor of the game makes up for it.
    The in-game sounds are good, the sound effects are the standard Mario sound effects, funny and lively... the in-game music fits the theme of where Mario is, if it's in a ghost house, the music is quite eerie, is he is in a bright sunny environment, the music is happy and jolly, this plays a big part in any game and this Mario game does it well.

The controls on the SNES and other platforms excluding PC, are easy, they are easy and comfortable to use and there are no problems in finding out what the buttons do as there are few button combinations, However, on the VC, the buttons on the GameCube controller (i use it) are much harder, the normal jump button is on the left of the right hand side of the pad, and the spin-jump to the right of that, but the fast-running and shell carrying buttons are hard to get to when still considering the jump button, making the game harder to play... I use a different way of holding the controller, to ensure the game is much easier to play.

Ratings:

Graphics

Sound

Playability

Fun factor
    * 10 *

Overall, i give this game an 8 out of 10

If you haven't already, and you are a Mario fan, GET THIS GAME!

As always, i am eager to hear what you think of my reviews, please post below what you think of the game, my review and anything on-topic.

sbarkeri and rhinos and jazzer15 are the best!

tnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ultra Member

even tho this certain game is for snes its still a ace game. nice review temmy!

tnt

nice wrk. I see u have done ur home wrk

tnt

:rolleyes:do any1 no where i can get the new ir codes for irshell 3.80