network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default HOW TO APPLY WII THEMES!!(tutorial)

PRELOADER REQUIRED FOR RECOVERY WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU HEAD THIS WARNING IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING DEVELOPING A WAD OR CSM FILE!!
    Preloader - WiiBrew

Things you Need:

An original 00000XX.app file of your Firmware and YOUR region...DO NOT JUST USE ONE YOU FOUND ON THE NET OR YOU COULD BRICK...THAT MEANS DONT USE A ALREADY MADE SOFTMII THEME AS YOUR BASE.APP FILE PERIOD....ITS DANGEROUS USE NUS DOWNLOADER TO OBTAIN ONE....

My Menu application:
    MyMenu - WADder Wiki

MyMenuify Channel/dol:
    Csm Flasher Channel MyMenuify

A CSM theme / >MyM file:
    Custom Themes

or from the repository

we would like anyone who makes a theme to add it to the WADder Wiki repository HERE PLEASE!
    Mym Repository - WADder Wiki

Step 1:
    (SKIP TO STEP 2 IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL BASE.APP FILE)
    Download Nus downloader 1.1a File Details- -

YOU NEED A COMMON KEY.BIN FILE AND HAVE IT RENAMED TO KEY.BIN
    click here for the common key.bin
    then place it in the same directory as the exe of nus downloader...

Launch the app and just fill it out like this:

in the first line you put (0000000100000002) in the second line you put (289 or 290 or 417 or 418 check below) Tick the decrypt box , create wad box, on the bottom) then click (start NUS Download!)

289=3.2u
    290=3.2e
    417=4.0u
    418=4.0e

Open the outputed folder (the folder the app made) and you take the 00000001.app (thats the one you need)
    now just re name that file to 000000xx.app (the file should be just under 7mb this IS your original system menu theme)

xx=
    42 for Ntsc 3.2U
    45 for Pal 3.2E
    72 for Ntsc 4.0U
    75 for Pal 4.0E

Now put this file up you will NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN SO LONG AS YOU SAVE THE FILE AND USE IT AS YOUR "SOURCE .APP FILE IN MY MENU"

Step 2

Open Mymenu on the pc (link above) and you will have 2 options to fill out....
    Source:
    Mym:

as saw in the photo below choose your original system menu.app file as the SOURCE: (as created in step 1)

Next choose a MYM (downloaded from the link above)

and then click "create menu" as seen in the first pic) you should see this screen while it patches

and when it is done applying the MYM you will see this screen just type the name of the CSM in the box like say Sonic csm.app

THERE YOU JUST CREATED A CSM FOR YOUR WII NOW YOU NEED TO FLASH IT using MyMenuify....

MyMenuify is a program for use with csm files generated by MyMenu.

This program will load/install csm files through A Homebrew running application, such as the Homebrew Channel or a Mymenuify channel as provided here Csm Flasher Channel MyMenuify

. It works on all System Menu versions, and all regions, with no naming requirements yes even 4.0!!!!.

Usage

To use, create a csm file using MyMenu. For a step by step method of creating a .csm, see Installing Themes from MyScripts. Following that:

* Place any csm in a folder called /csm/ on the root of your SD card. These include SoftMii-style themes (000000XX.app or anything.app really!).
    * Run the Homebrew Channel, and select MyMenuify or boot the mymenuify animated channel.
    * Select your file with the D-Pad and press A to install.

as saw in this video!
    Csm Flasher Channel MyMenuify 2.0

there you have it...after doing this more than twice you wont even need this guide! hope this helps anyone who is having issues understanding the application of MYM files if this guide helped you all i ask is you share it with someone else! you need not credit me for it...just share it!
    Last edited by krispinoy; 07-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Default Help!

ive tried this many times and no matter what i do, mymenuify says:
    Error
    Unable to install theme.
    [retry] [cancel]
    What do I do? i followed all of the directions. could it possibly be the mym file? I downloaded it from the mym repository at WADder.
    If anyone can help me, that would be amazing. with a new theme, my friends would be so jealous!

I have the same problem as above poster, i think i may know problem tho, is soft-mii required?

haven't tried this out, seems there are some probs, hopefully op can sort it out

hmm i'll give a go

I tried to overdose but gummy vitamins don't kill they just taste good

if this worked for you pls post that it did or thank me

Thanks, this worked for me.

make sure that ur mym is compatible for ur wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by mryner4 View Post
    ive tried this many times and no matter what i do, mymenuify says:
    Error
    Unable to install theme.
    [retry] [cancel]
    What do I do? i followed all of the directions. could it possibly be the mym file? I downloaded it from the mym repository at WADder.
    If anyone can help me, that would be amazing. with a new theme, my friends would be so jealous!

Default Multiple MYM files

I have been searching around the net and haven't found a solution yet. There are some themes e.g. Hot Import & Elemental from the MYM Repository here: Mym Repository - WADder Wiki
    and it has multiple MYM files that you run.

The archive has three, each labeled which one to run at what point
    e.g. Base_runfirst, windows_runsecond, outline_runthird

The video here: YouTube - Import Theme released shows it with transparent windows etc.

When i try to compile it
    base.app with runfirst>saved as 1.app
    1.app merged with runsecond>saved as 2.app
    2.app merged with runthird>saved as final.csm

and then apply the csm its not even close to what they show in the video. No cool windows, pictures, icons etc.... just a wallpaper covered by the windows.

Can someone direct me as to how to compile a theme that uses multiple mym files?

Before anyone asks I am using 4.2 firmware with "00000087.app" (USA 4.2 Menu) as my base and using MyMenu 1.2 for compiling.

All my single mym files work great but thats because I don't know how to do it with multiples. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for sharing .......nice view.