network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultra Member

Default [Help?] Waninkoko`s cIOS v15 Update-FIXED

I just hacked my Wii on version 4.2J yesterday with the Bannerbomb v2 and installed Homebrew Channel and DVDx along with installing BootMii as an IOS since I could not install it to the Wii due to my Wii being a newer version. I also did the Trucha Bug and installed a few IOSs. All went fine. Then I installed Waninkoko`s cIOS v15 and near the end of installation it had said failed and then successfully installed. Everything is fine, I can play all the Homebrews. Will this cause me problems in the future? Shouild I use the wad instead of on-line to install the cIOS? And was curious, could I install an earlier version of Waninkoko`s cIOS? All I made a nand dump with the keys using BootMii and was curious if I could use this dump to and wriet it back to my nand on my Wii. Sorry for many questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!!
    Last edited by Junya8971; 12-25-2009 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Fixed my problem
    Thanx to NinjaPanda for making me this ↑.

Spot Veteran

From what I hear cIOS v15 is no good. I use cIOS v14.
    Can you play wii games backup's? Thats all the cIOS is for.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by stwilliams420 View Post
    From what I hear cIOS v15 is no good. I use cIOS v14.
    Can you play wii games backup's? Thats all the cIOS is for.
    I see, I don`t have any at the moment. I may try to back up one of my games to test. Do you know if it is possible to go to v14 from v15?

XMB Creator

you can go to v14 from v15 from what i understand! i know there was a time before i went to 13 and had to go back to 12 and did it with no problem! and i use the online install all of the time with no problems!

sucks you cant install bootmii to boot 2! that is the ultimate brick protection! to be honest from what i have read installing as an ios provides little to no protection! see if you can swap yours with a friends who is older, tell him you will hack it and do the old bait and switch on him...lol!!!

as far as your fail message, idk... i have had things fail and they had no effects on my wii so far! although i did brick a wii once that was on 4.2u, not sure what happened but apparently the guide i was following had me install something known to stub the os of the wii! unfortunately i could not install bootmii to boot 2 on that wii and it is now a nice white paper weight!
    Last edited by Mudbone; 12-24-2009 at 04:29 AM.

CLICK HERE
    40+ THEMES CONVERTED TO 5.50Gen!!

360 Gamer Card/Other

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    you can go to v14 from v15 from what i understand! i know there was a time before i went to 13 and had to go back to 12 and did it with no problem! and i use the online install all of the time with no problems!

sucks you cant install bootmii to boot 2! that is the ultimate brick protection! to be honest from what i have read installing as an ios provides little to no protection! see if you can swap yours with a friends who is older, tell him you will hack it and do the old bait and switch on him...lol!!!

as far as your fail message, idk... i have had things fail and they had no effects on my wii so far! although i did brick a wii once that was on 4.2u, not sure what happened but apparently the guide i was following had me install something known to stub the os of the wii! unfortunately i could not install bootmii to boot 2 on that wii and it is now a nice white paper weight!

First I fixed the error message "Failed" and now everything works flawlessly! I just redid the Tutorial on the trucha bug and it looked like i renamed one of IOS a wrong name by one number, lol Glad I did not brick!! Now I have installed Waninkoko's cIOS and Hermes cIOS. I have read the you can have multiple cIOSs woth no probllems. Now I gotta find a way I can unbrick a Wii(Just in case I brick mine), none of my homies have a Wii older than mine and the ones that do have already hacked it and have no intentions on trading for mine, lol I also read that you can use a bootable DVD with the proper files and a GC controller to unbrick a Wii. I may look into that for my protection.

Ultra Member

Add me to the list of people getting that fail/error but everything works fine. I wonder why that happens? My brother's on 4.2u, and it must be a old wii (he bought it used) seeing as I can install boot2 or whatever.

Edit: I followed that tut to the t, but I still get that error message.... oh well, at least I know that if it bricks, I'm good.

XMB Creator

just make sure you have a backup of your nand dripz!!

CLICK HERE
    40+ THEMES CONVERTED TO 5.50Gen!!

360 Gamer Card/Other

Ultra Member

That's the first thing I did. Are the files nand.bin(duh) and keys.bin(I'm not sure but I copied it to my pc anyway)?