network sites: arcadespot.com hey | games
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultra Member

Default [Release] Homebrew Browser 0.2.1a for Wii

Developer Teknecal has given us a new updated version of the very cool app, homebrew browser. This is one of my favourite and most used apps for the wii. Here's what this app can do now.

Cursor now rotates and disappears when IR is not pointed to the IR sensor (thanks ebool)
    Added about and controls icon
    Added functionality to remove old files that some applications don't use when you update
    Added statistics gathering which will be displayed on a webpage
    Changed IP address from wiiregionworld.com to codemii.com
    Just take the app foler straight to your SD Root.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ads1212; 07-27-2008 at 06:26 PM.

XMB Gangsta

Wow this is making me want a wii now

awesome now the the homebrew scene is getting all this stuff I'm happy i stopped myself from selling my wii

Ultra Member

Well dude, I think we can expect a lot more from the wii, so please dont sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by ads1212 View Post
    Well dude, I think we can expect a lot more from the wii, so please dont sell it.
    yea i know that's the same thing I'm thinking

VIP Member

I'm surprised I never heard about this app, guess I need to update the RSS filters of mine lol. Well now I'll get right on installing this as soon as I find my SD Card.

The only thing I don't like about this app is that when you run out of space on the SD card it does not tell you. All it does is say failed downloading or error and that's it, also at times when the card is full you cannot delete stuff off this app. Also did anyone have an issue with Quake for the Wii? I downloaded it from the HB Browser and when I went to use it I didn't have the nunchuck hooked up, I quit and then hooked it up and then when restarting the game I got an error and then all of a sudden Quake no longer worked, has that happened to anyone? I deleted it and tried to re-download it from the HB Browser but I keep getting an "download failed error" I cleared out the SD card so it should have enough space, it's 1Gig free.
    Last edited by Darksidehearts; 09-05-2008 at 12:35 AM.

VIP Member

Just as a notice, when you update to the lasted Homebrew Channel update this version of the Homebrew Browser no longer works on it. I believe they updated this app, so go to Wiibrew and get it if you would like to.

reddit/u/prof1t

This looks awesome !
    I want a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    noSIG?

VIP Member

It is awesome, it's nice to get the latest updates on HB without having to search the net all the time. I wish the PSP had an app like this.