network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    News Poster

Default [RELEASE] .DOL Forwarder Creator - Windows

OK. There is still some improvements to be made on this.
    But right now this program is functional - and ready for a public release.

This program will allow you to create your very own .DOL Forwarder, without coding or compiling anything yourself. This is for people interested in Nintendo Wii modding.
    The .DOLs are SDHC compatible, and have error fixes ect...
    This program uses djdynamite123's forwarders as base files - thanks djdynamite123 !!

This program will only work properly if used exactly as desribed in the READ ME file - so please take a second to read it before any use.

The next version I release should be capable of creating .ELF forwarders too.
    Everything is in the READ ME.

HAPPY .DOL making

A Million thanks goes to VettaCossX-Alpha for doing LOTS of beta testing to help me make this compatible with Windows Vista too

~Shizzy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr. Shizzy; 07-03-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Sig by Mr_Nick666

what does this do?

News Poster

From the Read Me:

************** OVERVIEW *******************

This program will make a SDHC compatible DOL Forwarder for you with
    minimal effort. You don't have to install or compile anything.
    Simply put your files into place and run START.cmd. It will walk you through
    everything from there.

This program is powered by Lua Player for Windows.

********** What is a .DOL Forwarder ? **********

A .DOL file is a Nintendo Wii executable file.
    Think of is as an .EXE file for Windows...

A DOL Forwarder will locate and boot another DOL file according to the
    specified path for that specific file. .DOL Forwarders are typically embedded
    into a Wii Channel(.wad) to launch a desired application. One of the nice things
    about using a .DOL forwarder as opposed to embedding an app into a .wad is it will
    usually take up much less room in your Wii's internal memory. Also, it will save you
    from having to compile and install a new .wad everytime the application is updated.

Sig by Mr_Nick666

Spot Veteran

ok im trying to use this for USB Loader. So I copied the 10.bin to the PUT_bin_&_name.txt_IN_HERE folder, and made the name.txt file with USB Loader on the first line in the name.txt file. When I click the LuaPlayerWin GUI, I get this error

component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by stwilliams420; 06-30-2009 at 08:02 PM.

News Poster

Quote Originally Posted by stwilliams420 View Post
    ok im trying to use this for USB Loader. So I copied the 10.bin to the PUT_bin_&_name.txt_IN_HERE folder, and made the name.txt file with USB Loader on the first line in the name.txt file. When I click the LuaPlayerWin GUI, I get this error

component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

What am I doing wrong?
    Sounds like something incompatible with your OS.
    What OS are you running?

Try starting the program with this: [attached]
    Please post back and let me know if that gets you sorted mate

~Shizzy
    Attached Files

Sig by Mr_Nick666

Spot Veteran

So I googled comdlg32.ocx, and found other people having the same problem but with other programs. I needed to update the file so I did. Now the program will start, and it wants me to select a lua file. What lua file am I supposed to open?

Edit: I got it working with the start.cmd you uploaded. Was there supposed to be a start.cmd in the download? If so its not.
    Last edited by stwilliams420; 07-02-2009 at 02:03 AM.

I saw this on another forums and thought it was a great idea, but it was too troublesome, so I made an easier to use app.

Download: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Forwarder creator by suloku.
    Based on Shizzy's dol forwarder creator alpha

Usage:

Run the app and it will prompt for a folder name between 3 and 21 characters. Input the

folder name you want and a .dol file with the same name as the folder you inputted will be

created.

The program also supports command line, such as "forwarder.exe myfolder", creating a

myfolder.dol file.

The dol files are created at the same path as the binary file.

Note that you wont be able to use the characters not supported by the filesystem, so

restraing from using symbols such as slashes.

Credits:
    Shizzy - original idea
    djdynamite123 - forwarder base files
    Joshwraith - made me know the existence of dol forwarder creator
    Attached Files
    Last edited by suloku; 07-02-2009 at 05:28 PM.

thanks!

News Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suloku View Post
    I saw this on another forums and thought it was a great idea, but it was too troublesome, so I made an easier to use app.

Download: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hey great man !

You should add .elf support too, and then I won't have to toil with this project anymore. I assume you took a look at the script I wrote, and saw the offsets that need to be edited. (To add .elf support you just need to change one of them - open one of the base .bin files with a hex editor and you can easily see which one it is that needs altering)

Thanks again for sharing mate

Sig by Mr_Nick666

Update: I've made it to be able to point to a boot.elf file.

BTW, on the first version the credits where wrong, sorry about that.

v2 changes:

-It now asks for the file type (dol or elf) after typing the folder's name. Press intro to make it point to sd:/apps/myfolder/boot.dol or n and then intro to point to sd:/apps/myfolder/boot.elf.
    -It can also take command line args like this:
    Dol: forwarder.exe myfolder ->creates a myfolder.dol pointint to boot.dol
    Elf: forwarder.exe myfolder elf ->creates a myfolder_elf.dol pointint to boot.elf
    I saw numerous references to boot.dol in the hex editor. My guess is that the forwarder has error messages such as "printf("Your boot.dol in apps can't be read") and so on, instead of using formated output to make the error messages dependant of the path string. If I had the forwarder's source I could recompile them so the error messages are correct, as that would be a lot easier than changing them with the forwarder creator (I'm not gonna do that).

Original post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shizzy View Post
    Hey great man !

You should add .elf support too, and then I won't have to toil with this project anymore. I assume you took a look at the script I wrote, and saw the offsets that need to be edited. (To add .elf support you just need to change one of them - open one of the base .bin files with a hex editor and you can easily see which one it is that needs altering)

Thanks again for sharing mate
    I didn't really look at the lua files, once I saw all the "bin" files in the package I figured out what it was doing, I just took a look at one file to get the offset.

I didn't think about elf support because I don't know the forwarder's code, but from what you say it should be as easy as changin .dol to .elf, even though that doesn't really matter, as you could just rename the elf file you want to load to .elf and it should still work.

I don't really see any use on being able to load elf files, but I'll make the program ask for the extension.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by suloku; 07-03-2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: adding forwarder creator v2