network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is coming to Xbox LIVE on March 30th!

The multiple Game of the Year award-winner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 just got bigger, with more epic multiplayer content, first on Xbox LIVE! The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package will deliver additional action-packed multiplayer maps, including brand-new battlegrounds and legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Announced by Infinity Ward

Notes: PS3 Stimulus Package will be release one month later April 30 2009
    Here is the preview video

(Xbox 360) for the price of 1200 Microsoft Points and PSN ($15 USD).

Sorry the video don't work here so please click YouTube - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package
    Last edited by Psyko; 03-30-2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Fixed video //Psyko

Ultra Member

IMO, you should've posted this in 360 section (even thought it also comes out for psn also, but your title favors 360, and the pic)

Anywho, I hope there's more than just maps, like new perks, or even ones from MW.

Why does M$ always pay for delaying dlc to other systems?

Unknown

Xbox still fails. I'm not sure what their point is. Will people buy an xbox just cause they can't wait to play those maps on their ps3's ....highly unlikely. I just don't get it. I can wait.
    Last edited by Kalitrius; 03-30-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo

Ultra Member

Word. they did the same thing with the GTA IV dlc, even though I own both systems, I'm not gonna buy it on xbl when I have the game on ps3, just because it was only on xbl for that time.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

The Stimulus Map Pack sucks! Not the maps themselves, but the way InfinityWard did it.

When you purchase it, it adds a section on the Search For Game section. (Ex: Team Death Match, and Capture The Flag)

So when you want to play, you can only play the "Stimulus Maps" and not the other maps unless you choose a game mode that is not of the Stimulus Map Package.

Also the Stimulus Map Package is a bunch of game modes, its not just straight Team Death Match or Domination or whatever, which kinda sucks.

I hope they come up with an update (or make it better on the PS3) where you can select what kind of Game Mode for the Stimulus Maps.

And another thing, I also like playing in 3rd Person Mode, but there is no 3rd Person Mode for the Stimulus Maps.

InfinityWard needs to fix this I think. What do you guys think? I think that people who purchased this should be able to select what type of game mode on these maps and also dedicate a server for the people who purchased this so they can play the new maps along with the original on CoD:MW2.

Ultra Member

Whoa whoa whoa, lemme get this straight, you can't play regular map if you choose the SP? It doesn't integrate into the random map thing? And no TPS? (Even though I don't play mw2 in tps, tps is still a fun option.)

super fail on IW's part

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by dripz167 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, lemme get this straight, you can't play regular map if you choose the SP? It doesn't integrate into the random map thing? And no TPS? (Even though I don't play mw2 in tps, tps is still a fun option.)

super fail on IW's part
    Yeah I know!

I guess they didn't intergrate it with the old maps cause they prolly couldn't find a way for the people who didn't purchase the new maps to be removed from a new map if it ever appeared on the game.

and yes no 3rd person. I love both the FPS and TPS perspectives equally! and it just sucks.

The good thing though about the new maps is that you get DDOOUUBBLLE XXPP!

Instead of 100 XP per kill, you get 200 XP! and this just doesn't apply for kills, it applies for every amount of XP you earn.

Also supposedly there is a new game type in the new maps also, haven't seen it yet though.

XMB Creator

IW said that this is just temporary to give people time to get the new maps! I was playing regular free for all tonight though, and the new maps were being cycled with the old maps! not sure if its just free for all or not? Overall the maps are decent, a bit pricey at $15.00 though! they call it the stimulus package, but they make all the money!! lol
    was also hoping for some new perks, weapons, equipment, and so on, but nothing new except the maps!

CLICK HERE
    40+ THEMES CONVERTED TO 5.50Gen!!

360 Gamer Card/Other

Retired

General PS3 Discussion -> Xbox 360 Games, Impression & Reviews

this is very old newzzz