+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which is better

Default Which is better

is wii better than xbox 360 or
    xbox 360 is better than wii

Elite Poster

ps3 is better

PS3 kicks all their asses, I think I'd buy a Wii before a 360 lol.

EDIT: But yeah I have to agree with Dripz, depends on what you are looking for with gameplay. I don't agree with him about the online aspect of the 360 though. Half the ppl Iknow with 360's complain because they gotta pay for the gear to use the internet, then pay for the services. When you buy a PS3 you're ready to go, just have internet access and start playing.
    Last edited by D247; 01-21-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Ultra Member

Here we go again.

Both console have their strong points. Wii is more geared to family friendly games, whereas xbox 360, gets most of it's sales from multiplayer (online) games.

People who buy a Wii want nothing more than a gaming console, nothing flashy that plays dvds and connects to facebook.

People who buy a 360 pretty much want it all. No console is better than the other, except if you're talking about a successor (xbox to xbox360 or ps2 to ps3) Seeing as my brother owns a wii and plays it 24/7, and I own both Xbox 360 and ps3. And me sometimes playing with his wii, they're all good.
    Last edited by Dripz167; 01-21-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Ultra Member

it really just depends on what you want from it, like dripz said.

if you want the console for games like mario or somethin, then get a wii... but if your a big online player and like call of duty and those types of games, then get a xbox 360

Spot Veteran

if your looking for family friendly gaming and all go for the Wii. if your going for FPS games and RTS games go for the 360. but if your going for everything get a PS3.

and yes. 360 is pretty much only good for FPS games and RTS games... try playing a RPG on 360 then play the PS3 version of the same game and the ps3 version seems to play better. and i mean real RPG games not like fallout 3 or oblivion. stuff like... Star ocean or similar (because i know star ocean isnt for PS3... yet.)

Wanna request a sig click the [X]

Quote Originally Posted by afterlife1230 View Post
    if your looking for family friendly gaming and all go for the Wii. if your going for FPS games and RTS games go for the 360. but if your going for everything get a PS3.

and yes. 360 is pretty much only good for FPS games and RTS games... try playing a RPG on 360 then play the PS3 version of the same game and the ps3 version seems to play better. and i mean real RPG games not like fallout 3 or oblivion. stuff like... Star ocean or similar (because i know star ocean isnt for PS3... yet.)
    Definitely, look at Dragon Age and Demon's Souls. Like afterlife said, you want everything in one package go for the PS3, and if you're worried about the motion control, Sony will have that covered in a few more months also. And like I said before, you don't have to pay to play on the PS3's network, WTF is that all about Microsoft, guess they aren't making enough money already.

Retired

It's a personal peference. Go to GameStop and buy all three. Then keep the one you liked the most and sell the other two.
    If you're low on money, get Wii for games where you jump around, 360 for the cheaper gaming alternative (most 360 gamers go over to PS3 eventually) and PS3 for all the features in one console. There is no way you can prove that 360 beats PS3. Technically, PS3 is better. 360 is just liked more because of XBL and the controller.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

If you have family members who would play with you constantly and want to have a good time together, get the Wii.

Now the other 2 systems, 360 and PS3, are both good systems for a single child/person who doesn't have someone to play with as they do have online, so does the Wii but thats another story.

The 360 has cross game chat, and.... thats all I can think of thats really different from the PS3...

The PS3 has Blu-Ray... and thats all I can think of.

Oh wait, they both have the XXoD (RRoD/YLoD). They each have their own Exclusives, so its really up to you on which you want.

If you look at it in the long run though, the 360 WILL cost you more €$money$€ because you are going to have to pay 60 bucks a yr for online service. Not that 60 bucks a yr is much, but it will add up in the long run. As for the PS3, it has free online. The price difference is about 50 bucks (Pro 20GB Console vs PS3 Slim 120GB), so for 50 bucks extra you can get a gaming system, a blu-ray player, 100 more GBs, a basic web browser and online for free. OR you can use the extra 50 bucks to purchase an Elite Console which just comes with a bigger HDD, 120 GB but no extra features that match up to the PS3.

I would tell you to get the PS3, but the decision is up to you. Both systems get basically the same games except for the exclusives so you won't miss out on much from the other. Both systems are also coming out with their Motion controllers for their systems aswell.

Also, as for the "XBL Servers are better and less laggier because we pay for it" is total BS. I've had my PS3 for a month and haven't experienced lag to the point it was unplayable, unlike XBL where most (not all) rooms were laggy and people would get kicked off constantly.

Do you actually think that MS is putting your XBL Money towards keeping the servers clean? I don't think so. I've experienced less lag on my PSP playing Socom than XBL!

Either way, you decide, these are just some points i wanted to tell you.

PS3 is the way to go. And it also has HOME! which is a nice little place with a virtual character you create and they have some cool little mini games.
    Last edited by leo9891; 01-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.

I wouldn't buy a PS3 and the only reason i would get one is 2 play a game the other consoles don't have.
    Last edited by Shadow_X; 01-22-2010 at 01:58 AM.
    If i don't get you today then I'll get you tomorrow