network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Thinking of hacking my 360...

I'm seriously thinking about hacking my xbox, I mean, why wouldn't you!! I was wondering this myself until last night. I installed TVersity on PC and started using it on my xbox. Decided I wanted MCE back and I had to go online on xbox live in order to install the optional media update in order to watch anything...

I mean I can suffer with not being able to use MCE, and I can of course update some of the things via cd/dvd.

Chances are, I will just go ahead and hack it anyway, but I was also just wondering what the safest way is...

Of course I don't want to get banned and I can just stay off of live, but trying to find up-to-date information is sometimes a nightmare for a n00b!

I have an old xbox 360 console, originally purchased in Europe before they were released in the UK with the old Hitachi drives. Bought the console off a mate as it had the RROD error. Fixed that fine and got a cheap 360!

Although it may have already been answered, I have to apologise but I've spent the last 3 days since fixing the console searching around!

I've heard that the old Hitachi drives flashed with iXtreme 1.51 will play any of the new Wave 4 games.
    I can burn any backups using stealth hacks to help the xbox think its the original disc.
    I'm fine with hacking the drive itself and burning the discs...

All I'd like to know is - with the Hitachi 1.51 firmware and the stealth thing, is there anyway that I can still play online, or simply get online to install updates etc without any risk - I know silly question but thought I'd ask!
    Is there anyway to... "unhack" your dvd drive once you've hacked it...

Sorry for the long post and the stupid questions, but thanks in advance!

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I'm guessing the best thing to do is to wait for a new JungleFlasher release??

The Moogle

All I can say is good luck. MS really cracks down on this stuff and if they find the slightest modification, they usually ban you from XBL.

Super Moderator

Best thing to do right now is to wait for the LT custom firmware. Will supposedly be undetectable once hacked, but you can't be sure till release. So I suggest waiting for that or risk getting your xbox banned. Like Jooms said microsoft is really cracking down on modded consoles.

Thanks for the reply guys. I was just wondering, I know this should probably be a question for the folks at JungleFlasher, but whats the likelihood that the Hitachi drives will be included? As the v1.6 was only for Benq/Samsung/Lite-on drives...

Is it possible to flash the drive now and then just flash it again once the new one comes out...?

I can just stay off live until then if I have to

You should JTAG your 360. I find it more beneficial than to flash your Xbox. You can still play burned games and also run games from your HDD. It will also allow you to run unsigned codes so you can become 1337 HAXX0R. Microsoft WILL ban you for having a JTAG online, but you can easily be unbanned with a simple Keyvault swap. Just a suggestion. Lol