network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to play xbox 360 games without disk

can someone tell me how to play xbox 360 games from hard drive after installing to it.many games like mass effect 2 and final fantasy 13 require frequent switching of dvd's.

is there a way to install the game and directly play from hard drive without the use of disk as it is very irritating to keep switching disks.

please reply appropriately

Ultra Member

Unless you have some type of CFW, (idk much about 360 modding) it is impossible.

Super Moderator

The only way you're able to play games off your hard drive would be if your xbox is jtag'd. The catch is you're only able to jtag it if you bought your xbox before a certain time period last year (I'm not really sure this moment) and didn't do the august update, which changed the interface from the blades to the "new xbox experience".

If your xbox is jtag compatible just search around the web and you'll find a tutorial on how to mod it.

Ultra Member

Damn, So basically almost nobody can J'tag their systems, because I'm pretty sure everybody bought a game with the "NXE" update.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dripz167 View Post
    Damn, So basically almost nobody can J'tag their systems, because I'm pretty sure everybody bought a game with the "NXE" update.
    There are people selling JTAG'd consoles. I know one company that sells olders variants that already are JTAG'd.

Besides, it's the same in the PSP scene. All newer 3k's got a newer firmware than 5.03, making it unhackable.

Linux Enthusiast

A lot of the games will give you the option to copy them to the HDD, only catch is you still have to have the DVD to actually start the game. After that it will run directly from the HDD.

This is without a modded system.
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)

The Moogle

This will undoubtedly get you XBL banned sooner or later though.

Ultra Member

Whoa, slow it down, this is starting to become a console war. You can download full 360 games, I read something about 360 making games on demand. Like GOW for example.

please dont deviate from topic post your replies with respect to the section you are in and please dont post replies like ps3 is better ,buy a ps3,sell 360.
    this is a specific 360 forum and you are likely to talk with respect to 360 and not ps3

thank you

Linux Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Goku369 View Post
    please dont deviate from topic post your replies with respect to the section you are in and please dont post replies like ps3 is better ,buy a ps3,sell 360.
    this is a specific 360 forum and you are likely to talk with respect to 360 and not ps3

thank you
    No ones saying 360 sucks buy a ps3 sell your 360.

Only thing that was said is that if they don't want to switch discs for those bigger games then switch to PS3. Which in itself is a reasonable argument seeing as the PS3 games are on a Blu-Ray disc and 360 on a Dvd. Which means that ps3 Disks can hold anywhere from 4-20x more than that of the 360.
    PSP 1001 / 5.00 M33-6 (Loyal<3)