network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
    Spot Veteran

Default [Guide] Getting started with hacking your 360

When you flash your 360 for the first time things get a little confusing so I will explain the basics for you first.

Security
    In order to not get banned on XBLive you have to make sure your games are stealth patched and have a correct Video Sector (the message that says "please insert this disc into an xbox 360 console to play this game" when you insert it into a DVD Player)

Waves
    Each year XBLive releases a new Wave or almost every year, the Wave is just an encrypted security sector before LiteTouch was released if the Wave was higher than what your current FirmWare could handle then you needed a boot disc (this still applies for the old Hitachi drive)

Banning
    Aslong as you patch your backups with the latest stealth and make sure it has the correct video sector (you can use a program called ABGX for this) then you will not be detected online but as with most hacked consoles there is always a chance you can get caught so just because you have the latest Firmware and stuff doesnt mean your 100% undetectable but always make sure to check your backups with AGBX just to be safe.

How to find out what Drive you have:
    Each drive has a coloured cable to indicate the manufacturer, to find the colour you have to pull the faceplate off and then match it up to the chart in this picture, credit to Tronix for the picture.

What do I need?
    For nearly every DVD Drive you need to have a CK3 Pro kit these are like 30 online the cheapest place to buy one of these is here CK3 XBOX 360 Xecuter Connectivity Kit RROD CK3 360 Repair Kit Probe Blank Media, the reason you should buy a CK3 Pro and not the normal CK3 is because the pro comes with the comport adapter + usb in case your PC doesnt have a comport.

If you have the LiteOn Drive then you need an extra tool called the CK3 Probe the latest one out and probably the only one you will find is the CK3 Probe V2 this all sounds complicated but after you have what you need its relatively easy to flash your drive.

What is the latest firmware?
    The latest firmware out is the ixtreme LiteTouch (LT) 1.2 for BenQ drives or the 1.1 for LiteOn & Samsung, the Hitachi drive hasnt been updated yet because it is an old drive so you need a bootdisk or active.iso to run the newer games released.

So how do I flash my 360?
    First you need to download a program called jungleflasher, then you need the firmware which you can find on the ixtreme site just use google to find it. Now you need this jungleflasher tutorial which is interactive so its easy to follow but if you get stuck post a message on here and I will try to get back to you.

If you are wondering how to back up your games as well you will have to google for a way to link your DVD Drive to your computer and use the magic swap trick to rip them. Then use Dual Layer discs and IMGBurn to burn your rips. If you have any other questions then ask away and I will do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by Konkor; 08-08-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Minor cleanup
    Check my website out: Click Here

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

Thanks for the tut. You should prolly include some pics. Also, can you connect online and if so will M$ find out and ban you from online?

Spot Veteran

Yeah I was going to put some pictures on but the tutorial for the jungleflasher program already has a really detailed example and help included so I didnt really see the need, as for banning I edited the previous post.
    Check my website out: Click Here