network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default [Tutorial] Burning Xbox 360 Games

Tutorial Burning Xbox 360 Games

Introduction

This is the first guide Iím writing about hacking the Xbox 360 mainly because I happened to be burning a game around the time I decided to write up these guides, I also feel itís a good idea to burn a backup before flashing your Xbox 360 DVD Drive so that way you are able to check if the flash worked immediately & can then close up the Xbox & be done with it.

Things You Need

1. XDVDMulleter the current version is Beta 9 Iím not sure if itís the latest version but it will suffice. We will be using this program to check if your iso is 100% stealthed so Microsoft cannot detect that it is a backup very important if you plan on using live at all.

2. Some DVD+R DL (dual layer dvds) +R seems to be the better choice although there have been reports of people getting ĖR to work. The general consensus seems to be that Verbatim is the best media to get, this is very important to note because 360 DVD Drives are very picky about discs, you can get a pack of 20 for $68.99 (thatís Canadian) at Future Shop (Best Buy)

3. A dual layer DVD burner the Pioneer 111D is usually considered the best but most drives will do.

*Note this guide assumes that you already have your Xbox 360 game iso, if you need a suggestion where to find a good source Google is your best friend as with most things on the net.

Getting Your Iso Ready

If you are downloading your games they will most likely be show up like this

Obviously you need to extract it with winrar which you probably already have if you don't here's a link to the official site www.rarlab.com. Right click on your first rar file and click extract files.

A window will pop up that has a few options such as were you want to put the extracted files I usually leave it as default so just click ok at the bottom.

It will now start extracting this should take a few minutes, Halo 3 took 8 minutes most of yours will take less due to this copy of Halo 3 being in splitdvd form, most game rips tend not to be.

Once your game is extracted you should be left with either a .iso or .000 and a .dvd file.

If there is no .dvd file then you will have to make one simply open notepad and type LayerBreak=1913760 then hit enter type the name of your game iso (or 000) including the extension of .iso/.000.

Go up to file hit save as and save it as the name of your game.dvd so for this it would be halo3.dvd, save it to the same folder as your game file.

Checking Security

This is where XDVD Mulleter comes in you can get it from here http://360patches.com/forums/index.php

Open it up

Click view iso details then next, browse to your iso file and click next again you will then be presented with this screen

It will tell you all the details of your game file in this case you see the game is region free and it passes all stealth checks. You canít do much about region so make sure you download the one for yours, if youíre missing the .pfi, .dmi or .ss file you will have to get them from somewhere else there are a couple of sites that specialize in hosting only these files. You will probably only run into this problem with older games, all new games should be pre-patched since security is a big issue. If you do find this problem you can try http://360patches.com/forums/index.php

Burning the image

It is now time to burn the game use Imgburn, other people also recommend Clonecd either will work. Open up your program and put it in write mode if it already isnít now browse to your game file and choose the .dvd file,

The reason for this is that the .dvd file sets the LayerBreak, which is very important. Set your write speed to 2x and click burn it will take about 38 minutes to burn, you may want to set it higher but itís usually recommended to stick with 2x so you donít get a bunch of coasters.

Congratulations, you just finished burning your first Xbox 360 game if you have already flashed your drive you can test the game, if you still need to flash your drive check back soon I expect to finish that guide ASAP.

FAQ coming soon also any suggestions on things to add etc are welcome.
    Last edited by Motion; 10-03-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Very good I like this one very easy to Read and easy to follow the steps

OFW ->1:50 ->3:90 Pandora/Memstick
    1:50 ->Upgraded to 3:90 M33-2 then Added
    1.50 Kernel V2 ->4:01-M33-2

dam man the XDVD Mulleter Link doesn't work.

OFW ->1:50 ->3:90 Pandora/Memstick
    1:50 ->Upgraded to 3:90 M33-2 then Added
    1.50 Kernel V2 ->4:01-M33-2

wat is flashing ur drive "if you still need to flash your drive"

Guide updated switched XDVDMulleter link to 360 patches.com, you might have to sign up to download it, but the site is also a very good resource for stealth files. Unfortunately I am currently unable to attach files directly to this post right now, my internet connection has been very bad lately.

Jackelinblack I am writing a guide on that right now, unfortunately I'm kind of busy right now so I can't give you an ETA on it, in short the primary way of running backups on your Xbox 360 is by opening it up, connecting the 360 drive to your PC via SATA cable, using one of several methods to get the drive in "Mode B" at which point you will use command prompt to flash a new firmware to the DVD drive.

oh thanx, yea looks like im going to need a new 360

um one more thing do u really need to flash ur drive to do this oh and is this sort of like a softmod.

You can either flash your drive, or I believe there is a new modchip coming out soon before the end of this month I think. The modchip method would probably be easier for the average user but I have never done it before I have always preferred flashing over the modchip method, I just feel like I have more control over the situation. Which is a plus when your talking about $400 hardware. I also recommend flashing because it will give you some experience with opening the 360 and the guts of the system, which may come in very hand if you ever have to use the X-clamp method.

if you burn a 360 game not using the stealth can your 360 consle not work anymore if detected.and im not sure were 2 find a stealth program
    thank you

If you burn a game without stealth, it won't run in a Xbox 360 using ixtreme FW, if you have older FW then chances are you will probably get banned anyway. Your 360 will never stop working it just won't be able to connect to xbox live.