network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Administrator

Default E3:Left4Dead 2 Announced!

ValvE, no strangers to E3, founded by Gabe Newell ValvE has become world famous for its Half-Life, Counter-Strike and now Left4Dead series. Many were going to E3 this year with the antisipation that ValvE were going to release some long awaited information on Half-Life:Episode 3 however before doing so you could say they have pretty much played their triumph card and announced Left4Dead 2 which is planned for release this November! Check out the trailer:

So what can we expect from L4D2? Well there is really no official word from ValvE as of yet what the change log/improvements are going to be but can base a lot from what we've seen here in the trailer. Such as new characters, new zombie models, new weapons, maps, animations and what is most crucial for me a new updated version of the Source engine.

XMB Creator

cant wait just got the first one and its a great game!
    found this about new features:
    * Melee combat: Fight with unique items such as chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.
    * New experiences: With new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, maps for Survival mode, and more. /paste

that was from the xbox website about the game.

CLICK HERE
    40+ THEMES CONVERTED TO 5.50Gen!!

360 Gamer Card/Other

Spot Veteran

I cant wait for this game they finally put daylight in the game.

Sketchy

This is way to damn soon..

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    This is way to damn soon..
    Thought exactly the same, ValvE usually take an "extended development" approach with games, look at TF2 how many free updates have they given that? Not sure of what the release date for L4D was but it doesn't seem like a year ago.

Sketchy

Quote Originally Posted by Sbarkeri View Post
    Thought exactly the same, ValvE usually take an "extended development" approach with games, look at TF2 how many free updates have they given that? Not sure of what the release date for L4D was but it doesn't seem like a year ago.
    Well I bought Left 4 Dead on the exact day it released which was November 18th 2008. Left 4 Dead 2 seems to release a day before the 18th of November. I hope Valve does not turn this into a yearly thing.. Valve should focus on supplying the original with some support, I can't tell you how tired I am of playing the same four damn campaigns. Yet all their previous titles get updates with new content added...*sigh*...

I must say though that the gameplay for this sequel looks absolutely recycled and Valve somehow managed to make the graphics look worse..Valve what the hell are you doing?

I understand its a beta..but wow what a bad beta..
    Last edited by Sketchy; 06-04-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Well here are the gameplays for it...

p1
    Left 4 Dead 2 Video Game, E3 09: Developer Walkthrough Part I HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

p2
    Left 4 Dead 2 Video Game, E3 09: Developer Walkthrough Part II HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Taken from Fileshack's Valve interview:
    Shack: When did development on Left 4 Dead 2 start?
    Chet Faliszek: Pretty much after Left 4 Dead launched.
    PSP Stuff:

myanimelist Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Alpha_522
    dA account: http://sonic12399.deviantart.com/

Adun Toridas

Whoa! i can't wait for this., i was hooked with L4D for weeks until now

thank you Amac1!!
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

Elite Poster

Thanks for the vid's, but I think I'll pass on this one. Looks like more of the same from the first game.
    To a greater force, and to a better nature, you free, are subject, and that creates the mind in you, which the heavens have not in their charge. Therefore if the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.

Thanks for sharing the video...
    All you need is LOVE!!!