network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Retired

Default New Xbox 360 Announced

Earlier today, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer spoke at the Executive's Club of Chicago and informed attendees that a new Xbox 360 will be arriving in 2010 equipped with something special. Microsoft will be re-launching this new Xbox 360 next year with its Project Natal tech built into it. This console, which was described as having a "natural interface", will have sensor bar that has a built-in camera and have the ability to recognize movement and voice.

It does make sense to bundle the Project Natal tech with the stock Xbox 360 because it's way too soon for a brand new console and hardware update. Clearly, Microsoft also has plans on launching a version of its motion and depth-sensing camera as a separate product so that current Xbox 360 owners don't have to upgrade and buy an all new 360.
    Last edited by Hybrix; 06-20-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Super Moderator

nice, but I wonder how much this will cost having project natal, a camera, and all those other chocolaty stuff built into it.

what about the game? where would the disk? AND what about the RED RING OF DEATH??!!!? is it going to be the RED DOT OF DEATH?

Ultra Member

I think you might want to edit or re-write your article, or something at the very least.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but Microsoft's Aarron Greenberg stated earlier today that they have no plans on launching a new Xbox anytime soon.

Here's the article where he tells Kotaku how Microsoft has no plans on releasing a new console: Kotaku - Microsoft: There Will Be "No New Console" - Microsoft

this is a rumour, it isnt confirmed. If they have another console in the works they wont announce it until at most a month before natals release. To keep xbox 360 sales steady.

Elite Poster

I know one thing Project Natal is mine as soon as it hits the stores.
    To a greater force, and to a better nature, you free, are subject, and that creates the mind in you, which the heavens have not in their charge. Therefore if the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.

if they were planning a new console, they would've announced it in their E3 press conference. and the new interface doesn't make sense too because they released their new interface not so long ago.
    and of course they don't wanna have two different consoles.

Oh NoeZ!!!!!.....

w00t w00t! this might be nice for me as i do not have a 360!

Quote Originally Posted by janoe View Post
    if they were planning a new console, they would've announced it in their E3 press conference. and the new interface doesn't make sense too because they released their new interface not so long ago.
    and of course they don't wanna have two different consoles.
    I have to agree.. there are already 3 Sku's of the 360 on the market adding another will just alienate the majority of the current 360 fan base.
    I guess this new "Console" will be about the same price as the current PS3?

Guess we'll know soon enough if this rumor bears fruit...

Sketchy

I may buy a standalone Natal. Hell I could hardmod it into my 360.