network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ultra Member

Default Elite Xbox 360 Drops Price Down To $299

Although Microsoft has yet to announce anything officially, we think it's safe to say that the Elite model of the Xbox 360 is going to see a price drop very soon.

Back in late June Ars Technica reported that, via their inside source mole, we'd be seeing the Pro model of the Xbox 360 phase out and then be replaced by the Elite version as the standard.

It appears the mole was right.

Click images to enlarge.

In the advertisement (left image above) from Wal-Mart, that's set to come August 30th, you can see the Elite 360 will now only cost $299, that being a $100 dollar price cut.

Also not too long ago an ad (right image above) in a Meijer catalog, due the same date - Aug. 30th, was discovered with the same $299 price tag for the Elite 360. No official word from Microsoft yet, but this is more than enough proof that this will indeed happen.

Additionally, it's very interesting to note that the two consoles in the race for second place are a bit more even now, in terms of pricing and features. The PS3 is now $299; the Elite 360 is also $299. They're both black, both come with 120gb hard drives, and they also both come with HDMI capabilities. What do you think? Do these recent price drops put the two at a more even match or are there other things that say otherwise? Let us know!

[images via Kotaku]

I <3 Big Boobies

This is going to be a good Winter.

PSN: DeadlyGmn

Elite Poster

You forgot one thing the PS3 has better hardware capabilities, but i guess you could argue that the 360 has better games.

Also known as:
    cryphakon
    badboy.mjk
    kempmjk

Spot Veteran

Definitely agree withPSPFreak2007

The Hoe Strangler

Well....whit that one thread of failing systems....Which is somewhere floating along the site/web.....I'd say if you got $300 lying on the ground and you don't know what to do with it....I'd get a PS3.

The Mighty Chimpoo

Only thing I like about XBOX360 is the controller..that's it.

Its gotta be said...

On paper, the PS3 has much much better hardware than the xbox360. The 360 is also plagued by the infamous red ring of doom...

Its obvious MS is trying to match Sony's price drop...

I've never owned a console but I've always had my eyes on a PS3, but the price always put me off. Now I have an even bigger reason to get one... and its cheaper! Hoorah!

where the hearts tick and the bodies drop.

wow this is awesome now people can't trash the ps3 for being expensive.

Elite Poster

Aww man, now I don't know what to get. I'm still leaning towards a PS3 because I can't be bothered with RROD. One time my friend had a RROD and it broke his GTA IV disc. Ughh, that's very very disappointing.

Man I'm really getting tired of Microsoft, its seem like their trying to own the world, no one can do anything without Microsoft trying to stick they hand in and steal some of the pie. Google was doing great so now they release Bing to try and be number one, the ipod ruled (and still is) the mp3 so now they release the zune, wii ruled the motion gaming now they want to release natal, ps3 take a price drop now they want to drop the price on xbox and now their even working on a antivirus program called Moro to compete against the other anti virus programs out there. They claim that it will be free but I think that sooner of later they will make you pay for that too. Nothing ever enough for them