network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ultra Member

Default New Halo 3: ODST Trailer Will Leave You In Awe

Our hats go off to Bungie and Microsoft for their work on the latest trailer for Halo 3: ODST. The one and a half minute trailer features some really awesome live-action... action! Although the trailer isn't exactly representative of the actual game's gameplay, it does tell us that they really know how to make a really great promo for their game.

Some of the things featured and simply worth noting as awesome, was the cool drop scene, the Covenant Brute's appearance, and the attention to detail on the helmets' with their flicker. Kudos to them.

It also raises the question of when we'll finally see a Halo movie; why can't they get a Halo movie off the ground? 'Cause this definitely shows that if made similar to the trailer, Halo fan or not, we'd all be pretty stoked to see it.

Anyway, why are you still reading this? Oh, wait you're not; you're probably already watching the trailer. If not, then go ahead already and afterwords be sure to let us know what you thought of the trailer, enjoy!

[via IGN]
    Last edited by Sketchy; 09-06-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Sketchy

Here is a quick brief info on the purpose of this trailer apart from marketing.

The trailer is not there to imply that this is what it would look like. It revolves around one of the main troopers you play as. If you read the coffin. "Sgt K. Stark" Who you hear mentioned in Halo 2. He died in combat. The man you see in that trailer is indeed his son. This is his basic training. It serves as a intro to his life before you drop in the setting of ODST. He just like his father is part of the 19th Shock Troops Battalion a squad of special trained ODST Troops who speak Hungarian.

His name is Tarkov.

Towards the end of the trailer you see five ODST troopers. The same five troopers that are apart of the games main cast.
    Oh and Peza I'll upload a HD version of the trailer to Consolespots Viddler.
    Last edited by Sketchy; 09-05-2009 at 10:03 PM.

The Hoe Strangler

Well...I'm not into halo, nor the 360...but DAMN....that was pretty tight.....That was pretty tight.

OMG... best trailer ever!! i hope the movie looks just like that i thought a motion-picture halo movie would be gay but now i hope they do it this way is looks so nice

Elite Poster

Whoa... and I thought I was watching a movie trailer, they should definitely make either a movie or TV series out of Halo, using these type of graphics/effects.. anyway, can't wait for this game to arrive.. it really does leave us in awe.

sIgMaKeR

wow that looks great..i like..

Taking sig requests

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Oh and Peza I'll upload a HD version of the trailer to Consolespots Viddler.
    Is there any possible way that you would kindly offer that HD version of that video for download?

I can't seem to be able to get it from the Viddler upload I'm afraid.
    I am mentally challenging you...so consider yourself mentally challenged.

Elite Poster

and that is why I love halo. I can't wait to get my hands on this game.
    To a greater force, and to a better nature, you free, are subject, and that creates the mind in you, which the heavens have not in their charge. Therefore if the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.

that was the greatest game trailer ever!
    and i agree with styletest
    it does look lika movie trailer.lol
    man bungie really needs that movie!

Sketchy

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Legend View Post
    Is there any possible way that you would kindly offer that HD version of that video for download?

I can't seem to be able to get it from the Viddler upload I'm afraid.
    Actually. You can just find any Youtube video such as this one.

YouTube - Halo ODST Live Action Trailer HD

And simply paste the code into your address in the same tab as the youtube video. And you will have a request pop up to download the video in MP4 format. You will download the original video uploaded without compression. (720p)
    Code:
    javascript:window.location.href = 'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + swfArgs['video_id'] + "&fmt=22" + "&l=" + swfArgs['l'] + "&sk=" + swfArgs['sk'] + '&t=' + swfArgs['t'];