network sites: arcadespot.com | animejolt.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Retired

Default Xbox 360 Slim - Coming to a store near you

Today at the Microsoft E3 convention, a slim version of the Xbox 360 was announced.
    We all know, that when Microsoft failed miserably with Vista, they did a strong comeback with Windows 7.
    If Microsoft played their cards right, this will be our Windows 7 in console gaming.

As of today, Microsoft begun shipping out the console to retailers.
    With a price tag of 300$, Microsoft better have double checked everything before sending this bad boy off to the stores.

Continue reading for the specs on the device.

• Touch sensitive on/off and eject buttons (like the PS3)
    • "Much quieter"
    • 250GB internal hard drive, which is still swappable.
    • A custom Kinect port (not a standard USB port—it's a USB port that can feed more power)
    • There are five USB ports now, with three in the back and two in the front
    • AV cable included, an HDMI and optical audio
    • Different power supply—it's still big but nearly weightless
    • External Xbox 360 hard drives and memory units are NOT compatible with the new Xbox
    • Other accessories are
    • Internal components that are changed: two small fans changed into one large fan for quieter operation, 45nm integrated CPU and GPU
    By now, you're probably wondering if you should ditch your old 360 for this Slim one.
    From the looks of it this far, yes. But let's still wait until it hits the market for some customer feedback.
    For all we know, you might just end up with another console with hardware failures.

If you do decide to get this revamped Xbox, you'll be happy to know that the transfer cable that previously was exclusive to Xbox hard drives will be available for purchase as a stand alone cable, for transferring your old Xbox's content to your new one.

But what about the old Xbox 360? Are Microsoft just going to drop support on it entirely?
    Both yes and no.
    The Xbox 360 arcade will remain on sale at 199$ USD until it receives some form of a minor upgrade.

[via: Gizmodo]

The Moogle

Cool. A smaller version of the greatest, most over heating system ever.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Joomla12 View Post
    Cool. A smaller version of the greatest, most over heating system ever.
    I presume one of the major reasons for a slim version to be released is to dodge the lawsuits and keep the customers happier.
    Even though the original 360 did make up for the losses of repairs and stuff, it's not more then fair to profit yet more. Plus if it works more than two years, everyone will get one.
    2x profit mode, ENGAGED!

It's cool. I want one.

Cookie Monstah!!!

Dont forget about the built in wi-fi....something ps3 already has

My Platinums Sig.

=^.^=

Besides the PS3 inspired paint job, this is a joke. They are making a newer, slimmer version to an already primitive, behind the times system.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pothead 1.1 View Post
    Besides the PS3 inspired paint job, this is a joke. They are making a newer, slimmer version to an already primitive, behind the times system.
    The 360 isn't primitive or behind.
    The PS3 is too advanced for Microsoft to be able to catch up...

Spot Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    The 360 isn't primitive or behind.
    The PS3 is too advanced for Microsoft to be able to catch up...
    An internal Wi-Fi module is too advanced???
    Every god damn thing has friggin wi-fi- now! Microsoft's just too cheap to be good. They definitely have the potential for improvement, but they don't use it!!! WTH is wrong with you, Mr. Gates???

Besides that, this thing does look sexy

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    If Microsoft played their cards right, this will be our Windows 7 in console gaming.
    I love that line.

Anywho, I guess this is M$'s way of realizing that built-in wifi is a must. I hope there's a way (like in the PS3) to transfer data between old and new machines, since you can't use the old HDD on the new system.

Btw, the arcade was dropped to $150, which is awesome. Who knows, maybe if I get the money, I'll combine my money with my 360 arcade and buy this baby, I don't like the whole white thing. It's also funny how it looks big as hell, but it's small.

The Moogle

Implying the PS3 is "advanced". IMO, it's one of the worst systems ever made. Only reason I'd want one is for a Linux media server but I can't even do that now thanks to Sorny. It has no good games, the browser sucks, and it's XBOX huge. Mostly all games for it are for the casual gamer that only buy games for graphics and/or popularity. Same goes for the 360. It's an over heating piece of junk that people buy for Halo and shitty ass CoD. Most all games for it are available for the PC which are always better graphics wise and most can be modded. Online play on both systems are shit. The PS3 lags horribly due to shitty PSN servers and MS makes you pay to play. If I buy a game, I don't want to have to pay to play.

Now then, let's look at the Wii. Fully hackable, great multi-player games, great web browser, and semi-decent graphics (I could care less if a game is 2D or 3D actually). Downloadable classics, many homebrews, themes, free online play, makes a good media server, light weight, barely gets hot, and mostly wireless. Everyone that says this console sucks is a dirty casual that knows nothing about gaming.

Coming to a store near you:
    Last edited by Joomla12; 06-15-2010 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast