Posted by Evolve on August 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM | Views: 5269 | Source | In: PS3 News
Japanese PS3 sales rose almost 50 per cent last week following the introduction of a price cut, although the console remained the nation’s third best performer behind 3DS and PSP.
Having enjoyed a massive spike following its own markdown on August 11, 3DS managed to hold its lead during the week ended August 21, although sales fell from 196,077 units to 105,639.
PSP sales were flat week-over-week at 40,000 units, while PS3 sales rose from 20,000 units to just shy of 30,000. No other system crossed the 5,000 sales mark.
On the software front, former chart-topper Everyone's Rhythm Heaven for Wii returned to number one, ahead of Monster Hunter Diary for PSP and Kirby Mass Attack for DS.
PS3 title Super Dimensional Game Neptune mk2 and PSP game Growlanser IV Over Reloaded were new entries at numbers four and six respectively, with 3DS release Super Pokemon Rumble sandwiched between the pair.
01. Everyone's Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo)
02. Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village G (Capcom)
03. Kirby Mass Attack (Nintendo)
04. Super Dimensional Game Neptune mk2 (Compile Heart)
05. Super Pokemon Rumble (Pokemon)
06. Growlanser IV Over Reloaded (Atlus)
07. The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of time 3D (Nintendo)
08. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
09. Let's Make A J.League Pro Soccer Club! 7 Euro Plus (Sega)
10. Toriko Gourmet Survival (Namco Bandai)
0 Replies (View Thread)